Aloha!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Today I Got a Rainbow...

Nope, I did not get in all 5hrs of my 5hr ride. I got close though, tried really hard to make it happen, but came up a tiny bit short and right on time picking Kainoa up from school. Swim practice was given the instructions, "swim how you feel, don't force it". I know exactly what that means, on the edge. The middle line between "making gains with hard work and volume OR about to fall into some trouble".
.
Swim practice went amazing. It was not easy, not fun, and the entertainment to "chuck it" and swim in the back of the lane on a free ride was in the forefront of my mind. But then the energy came and with each passing lap I knew, like the Ironman, I was just one step closer to the finish line. Not to mention Kainoa was on the side of the pool deck cheering, "Mom you are winning". Little did he know the only thing I was winning was the battle in my head, I took his cheers, (and so did all the swimmers he was cheering on). Ever since Kainoa started Kindergarten it's as if he has matured into this little boy that truly has become my teammate. It's an unreal bond I never imagined to share, we just get it.
.
And at the end of a day that felt as if I was searching all over the island for ways to manage training time and Kindergarten, there circled a rainbow from shoreline to sky telling me everything is working out just fine...
.
What is this week 3 of Kindergarten? We so got this...
Bree



2 Comments:

Blogger tinaparker87 said...

Pretty picture. Asked Thomas Sunday what was special about today? We had AFC 1/2 Marathon and then went to Sea World. He said, "Watching you cross the finishline." Love him. Work on his mileage for the bike buy him some running shoes, he'll be ready for his sprint tri in Dec. :)

August 25, 2011 at 6:05 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Kainoa is your cheerleader :-) and winning in the mind is probably the most important step before the body follows

August 27, 2011 at 4:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home