Aloha!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Like a Kid Climbing a Cococnut Tree...

That day off is still lingering within me. It was 3 days ago and I can STILL feel the effects of taking a mental & physical day away from swimbikerun. Crazy how simply stepping back can do that and even more crazy how I try to resist a full on rest day. Smart man, that coach!
.
If I liked candy the expression, "Like a kid in a candy store" would be appropriate, but I'll go with, "feeling like a kid climbing a tree". Day 3 of a 2 week smashing and I'm pretty thrilled. Perhaps I should not speak too soon, as there is still a workout tonight and 4 more days to go. Who are we kidding though, I'm an optimist and I want to roll with the happy for the time feelin'...
.
After a good sized Monday and Tuesday I woke up to a ride to Hawi. Good stuff. It's never happened, ever, to me, but today I had either no wind or tail wind. Cross wind-zip. Head wind- so little that I can't claim any. Seriously first time ever and surprising due to the WINDY season we have been having. It made for a quick trip and just when the ride began to get "long" a German boy from the Commerzbank Triathlon team road into me and pulled me home! Talk about setting a record. Thankful, thankful, thankful for all the Ironman-ers rolling into town, all smiles...
Oh, it wouldn't be normal day in my life if it was all island breezy, I seriously almost fell over after a gel that tasted EXACTLY like the inside of my run shoes. My parents raised me with a little more class than to repeat the brand, and I like their other flavors, most times, but today was an all time nightmare in my mouth. In an attempt to use only "triathlony stuff" and practice race-day nutrition I used gels. Downed the gel, road on, and then it all came flying up in an instant gag reflex. Trying not to get it on my bike, I turned to the left and let it fly into traffic and all down my arm, without stopping. Didn't even have time to stop it came back up so fast. Very good thing I tried it in training and not race day. One point for using my brain today...
.
Okay, it's swim practice time. Hoping my "tree climbing" feeling will come along to the pool and tomorrows runbikeswim, and Friday, Saturday, Sunday for that matter...
.
Keep on keepin' on,
Bree

PS..... I have to leave you with a song, I LOVE it. Add it to your long run IPOD mix, how can you resist some island style :) Here ya go....Check it here.

.



2 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Francis said...

so I'm not only finding this sticky gels annoying :-) I assume you squeze yours into a flask for the races

September 18, 2011 at 6:59 AM

 
Blogger Big Daddy Diesel said...

Did you earn your second Pukie?

September 20, 2011 at 3:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home