Aloha!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Cards To Play...

The day began on the bike at 6:10am. It was such a perfect start to the day as the streets were so empty and silent, as if the day had not yet began. The big orange buoys lined the path all the way out to the swim turn around. It was the first big look I've taken at the course and not felt that sadness for missing the race. A very good friend told me something wonderful Sunday, he said, "Bree you have to play the cards you are holding, the ones you aren't dealt you can't play". It really helped. I've had an unbelievable season of racing, lots of REV3 fun, a 70.3 win, some very good results and a few new PR's. It just doesn't end with Kona, it will end with IM FL. Those are my cards this season and it has been great playing them, holding onto my IM FL card is pretty exciting too...
.
The bike ride was all sorts of exciting! A few of the fastest men in triathlon, on bikes, were motor pacing. Queen K was a lot like NASCAR today with the zipping around and all the race kits flashing sponsor logos from all over the world. It excited me so deeply. It reignite my already lit up desire to ride my bike! For those of you not here, I'll fill you in on the legs I saw moving bikes like they were toys, Bink, Lieto, Corbin, Cave, Hoff, to name a very few. And then, Crowie. He was motor pacing like a rocket and slipped past us with a few words, "Thank you Dear". I said his words 88x over to my riding partner till he started making fun of me, I was the kid in the candy store today. I am very much LOVING this Ironman despite the fact I am not racing. I'm just enjoying the energy here and using the motivation it's bringing me while I train to play my Florida card...
.
After a few hours on the bike it was my favorite time, run time. The sun was blazing, Alii drive was buzzing with runners, cyclists, and sight see-ers. It made for a very good run. The spirit of racing and triathlon is so evident right now. I really, honestly don't think I've felt it this thick since 2003-2006, before I did my first Ironman. It's SUCH a different feeling to be here, around the race and not be racing. Everyone else's prerace nerves and jitters are set free and its actually fun to be part of it without having to contain your own jitters. Anyways, the run was a record setter for me on the loop I ran even with the sun in full force. Good. It then wore me out beyond any training run this season.
.
The day was wrapped up with a swim. It's a very big training week I'm attempting to tackle this week, maybe the biggest of my life in sport and I have to thank the athletes in town for making it so darn fun to train right now! It's hard to believe it's only Tuesday, yikes. Okay, bedtime for this wahine. Happy training...
I love home.
Bree



4 Comments:

Blogger krystyna47 said...

The colours in that first picture are... surreal! I can't stop looking at it!

September 28, 2011 at 4:15 AM

 
Blogger Trigirlpink said...

That is a very cool buoy/water shot! It will be interesting to see what this new CEO does (if anything) about the points ranking system. Enjoy visiting with all your friends and keep those blinders on. NO regrets! IM Hawaii will be there next year and the next year.. and the next!

September 28, 2011 at 4:47 AM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

"Thank you Dear"??
What the hell was that comment?
Plus, aren't you faster than him on the bike anyway?
OK, enough of me playing MACCA...

September 28, 2011 at 7:31 AM

 
Blogger Beth said...

Can't wait to see you play your cards in Florida Bree!! I have a good feeling that it's going to be a winning hand! :) PS - Big Crowie fan here also! :)

September 29, 2011 at 1:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home