Aloha!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pro Spotting....


Can you guess who this is? Here are some hints, he is super tall, he's a daddy, and I caught him out running in the review mirror driving to swim practice last night. Yes, I snapped that photo from the reflection of my mirror, he busted me. It's Matty Reed. I also saw Potts biking up Kawaihae and one female pro standing in the lava field during a photo shoot. They think she has a chance to win it so they put her in the lava field. Seriously considered taking photos of the action for you, but it wasn't that exciting watching a girl standing in the lava field.

At swim I spotted plenty more pros, here are two of every one's favorites. Can you guess? I'll give you a hint, the man on the left is an Aussie, the woman on the right crosses finish lines with a cowboy hat on, and they both ride Scott bikes really fast. Its Luke and Linsey if you had no idea. Yes, the excitement is still pouring on thick around here. The BEST for me was a 100 mile ride with a few talented men that I hope have their perfect race...

It began with a pace that wasn't too bad but it wasn't easy and it wasn't my solo riding pace. It also gave me no hope of ever having them stop so I could take a quick pit stop. THEN, one of them got a flat! I ran to the bushes, gave a sigh of relief, and felt amazing no longer having to ride holding it! Back on the bike it was all business. I sat in the back sucking wheel as if my life depended on it.


Can I just tell you it was the most fun 100 miler of my life, really. It was a blast that these guys let me tag along, I mean they are incredible. One of them won IM Korea, the other was 2nd in Cancun last weekend, and the rest all have results that make me hurt on the bike just wheel sucking! It's not everyday men that are so much better than you let you join along, it truly made me love triathlon even more. Good people all over in this sport.

My entire week as been sitting in the back, on a wheel, holding on, or throwing up. Yesterday they caused me to barf chocolate milk all over my bike and top. Maybe not smart to drink that stuff on a hot ride with fast men?? Not smart...

Yesterday hurt so bad I figured it kicked me to the next day, so I made breakfast for dinner. I have 3 more training days left in the week, 3 more days on the bike, and some swims and runs tossed in there. I feel unbelievably smashed but I want this so much. It will be my biggest training week and most bike miles, Im almost there...

.

Then I got a note, like 5 minutes ago...

.

"Sleep girl, you've earned it, and while you're at it dream of your perfect race in Florida"-Coach.

.

I'm for sure ready for bed, ready to have good dreams & thoughts about a good race, and ready for another 3 days. Like I said, these pros in town are inspiring and motivating this week more than ever...maybe having to sit this IM Kona out as taught me a valuable lesson I wouldn't have seen if I were racing. Eyes wide open...

.

Bree



5 Comments:

Blogger PipTook said...

How does one barf on a bike without falling off of it? Amazing! Of course, looking at the view you had, I can think of other reasons to keep up with them. That is some fine pro pace booty.

September 30, 2011 at 1:44 AM

 
Blogger tinaparker87 said...

Happy Weekend! Its all good!

September 30, 2011 at 6:05 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

I bet "those Pros" are SO excited to see YOU too! Awesome job chica - stock lots and take tons of pics too;) It would be so much fun to be there with you!

September 30, 2011 at 12:35 PM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

I'm with Jill. I bet tons of people, including other pros, are out there trying to spot YOU when they arrive on the big island.

October 1, 2011 at 2:51 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Kona is like the hollywood of triathlon this week. How cool. don't worry. If i was there I woudl be taking pictures on the sly as well:-)

This week will fire you up so much for IM Florida and it will make your 2012 season start earlier than most of the PROS racing this coming weekend. Just remember that.

October 4, 2011 at 1:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home