Aloha!

Friday, October 14, 2011

20 Miles With A Nerd...

I'm a firm believer all long runs feel better when they land in the ocean. Would be best if it was skinny dipping style, but a bikini works too. Today was 20 miles, the last long one before Florida and it finished in the ocean. In no particular order, (I'm too tired to actually arrange photos), here is a photo a mile for you courtesy of "Dolphin Boy Productions".

The neon blue Quicky Blade Lights are AWESOME! I even wore them IN THE OCEAN on my last mile and they let go of all the water as soon as I climbed up the rocks...

Half way, the "focus" was starting to get serious at this point and the "ooooh this is fun" was starting to take the back seat as I need to brush up on my long running focus.

Such a beautiful sunny day for a run. It was unbelievable out there and THANK YOU to those that honked, tooted horns, and some weird cheer from a red truck...

Busted. Laughing out loud when the question was asked about a ceratain boy...

13 miles pau, 7 to go, still loving the run, the pace, the fuel...

...more about him. This was a real "laugh out loud moment" and I loved it, but it made me run too fast for a few minutes, had to dial it back.

This time I was singing, nearly caused a car wreck with the screaching, squeling sounds I tried to sing.

Digging deep, pretending to be running in the race. It felt so real, I could hear all of it and feel all of it.

Every long run is that much better when you have your own personal aid station! Thank you Pat so much for riding along with bottles and pacing me...

GREAT hair day!

No stopping at the beach, run momma, run...

Enjoying the morning, at this point there was no place I'd rather be than the Queen K with run shoes on while chasing my goals...

Almost pau. Happy to have hit my goals for the run...


Had to pull the hair way back, it was getting serious...
Coconut water, all of it in a breath...
A very good day at the office, so thankful for my job and those that make it possible...
Heck ya momma! Stoked.
And into the ocean, shoes and all....
What a great day for a 20 mile run.

Bree.



8 Comments:

Blogger JenniferLeah said...

amazing photos-
i just grabbed my first pair of kswiss so glad to hear your loving them :D

October 14, 2011 at 11:59 PM

 
Blogger miles99999 said...

Great pictures, awesome shoes. I love my K-Swiss Blades Lights...thank you for turning me on to them a year and a half ago. Good luck at IMFL, it is coming up soon!

October 15, 2011 at 6:06 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

what a cool way to finish your run, jumping in with your shoes and all.

so I gather you have your own Paparazzi and feed station support :-) eheheh great pictures

October 15, 2011 at 6:16 AM

 
Blogger Oscarjet said...

wow amiga wow !!!!!!!!!!!
que camara usas? ahora tengo Blackberry...sabes alguna aplicacion para fotos???

Me encantan tus pics !! abrazos !!!!

October 16, 2011 at 11:15 AM

 
Blogger Dolphin Boy said...

Wow...great fotos Wee!! Who's the Nerd anyway? hmmmmm

October 16, 2011 at 1:51 PM

 
Blogger Regina said...

Great shots! Great post! So jealous of all you peeps training. Triathlon has rejected my ass! Achilles issues and staph infection from my bike helmet, ga! I will live vicariously through you!

October 16, 2011 at 4:01 PM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Great photos
I figure a 15sec/mile drag on the hair shots...

October 17, 2011 at 7:04 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

These are awesome pictures! Makes me wish I didn't live where I was packing on wintry layers yesterday and treadmill running to stay out of the rain. Noticed the headphones...what are some of your favorite tunes to run to?

--kate :)

October 21, 2011 at 10:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home