Aloha!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bike.

This is going to be short and sweet because I am so ready for bed. My new bike touched down on the island, the crank was too big for my short legs, the part will arrive in Kona on Friday, I took the bike out anyways! Oh believe me I was nervous about a new bike and the cranky position so close to Florida. ALL has been going so good, I mean I rode more miles on the old bike in that position, with those baby cranks than I've ridden in my entire life. But I could not NOT ride, so I rode the new bike with "sort of set up position and giant cranks for a 6'5 man".
.
I LOVED EVERY MINUTE of that ride! That bike is going to be AMAZING, more AMAZING than ever....I just know it. You know when you "feel" something, you just "believe" something to be good?? I have that happening about this bike, it's more than love at first sight n' ride, it's mine, for me. Friday the new cranks will get on the bike, (we were not able to switch the old ones over in case you are wondering, something with the bottom bracket??). Oh gosh I am a very happy girl...
The first ride was on my most favorite loop...

Of course the loop had one pit stop. It was short, sweet, and to the point.

A little over 3 hours later it was time to run. That's like another test in itself, running off the bike. You can totally tell the bike position, bike, and everything else when you hop off to run. I could tell I was doing the giant step thing I used to do TOO much when running off the bike. With my old cranks it was so easy to take giant steps because my legs were working that way on the bike. After going to the smaller cranks the running stride shortened so much, it helped me pretty darn well. So today, off the bike, I had the legs going long steps off the bike after riding again with the long cranks. Thankfully I noticed it and was able to fix it up, but its so much easier to do when you ride for hours with little spins. Friday my friends it will be all good again...

I'll be honest, I am SO TIRED. In a good way, the way you need to be a little worked so when taper happens you actually have something to taper from. Now is time to bank up the sleep, our pre-sleep happened in the dark, under stars. Kainoa and I just had to chill out near the ocean and let the sound of the waves sing us a lullaby...it worked wonders.

.

Happy training...

Bree



4 Comments:

Blogger Bruce Stewart (ブルース・スチュワート) said...

If your cranks are suitable for a giant, please don't throw them away. They may be just what I need.

October 19, 2011 at 5:59 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Bree get plenty of ZZZZZZZ.

October 19, 2011 at 7:35 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

Rest up Chica - you've got an important day at the office! You two are ADORABLE!

October 19, 2011 at 1:02 PM

 
Blogger Austin said...

Great pics as always. Does Kainoa know he's a celebrity?
Thanks for the tip on the shorter cranks...

October 21, 2011 at 1:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home