Aloha!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Floating Above...

It's been a week above the clouds over here. Another big training week survived, enjoyed, and everything in between. The load is getting so much more manageable, my life harmony is all starting to sound so pretty as motherhood, sport, and family/friends find their way to blend together. Less than 3weeks to go now...

The focus this week was running. Lots of it. Different speeds, different company, and different spots around the island. Last night was the final run of the week, it landed at a sunset in the sand. 62 miles of happy. I asked coach for another hour so I could make 70, I've never even ran more than 60, but 70 sounded so cool that I wanted it. He told me not to get greedy, I'm healthy, uninjured, and there really was no need...

...so I stopped in the sand and called it a run week.



Below the surface...

Today is recovery day. Phew. Swim practice this morning filled a little excitement in Kona Pool. Coach and Speedy pants on a bike (and in the pool) showed up. In order to keep the "recovery" in my recovery day I had to get wise, it was then my plan of attack included "working my draft". I'd leave so close on Lance's feet that they were honestly shoved up my nose. He never told me to chill out or leave 5-10 seconds back, so I hung as best as I could swallowing his feet. It was that or throw the idea of any sort of recovery out the window. He's really fast in the pool...
The other, equally exciting part of today will be getting my hands on that new 2012 Swift bike of mine! It's not ready, sadly there is a problem with the cranks I have (the little ones I changed to) fitting into the new bike. Friday they will arrive in the island, till then I'll ride it with the big strong man cranks. Sorry the photo is so odd, the bike is hanging on the wall till they change out my saddle and fit it up to my shorty legs and long torso self.
.
Have a good week wherever you are reading this from,
Bree



2 Comments:

Blogger Oscarjet said...

Magnifico todo Amiga !! sonrisas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 17, 2011 at 11:10 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

drafting in the pool :-) I do it all the time and take great care not to tickle anyone's feet. I definitely prefer to chase rather than lead the lane. Not sure i coudl keep up with Lance though.
Your new bike is gorgeous, hope you get the cranks too. I changed mine after the fitting too. I think is quite normal for us women to need those shorter than normal cranks so don't feel that you're the odd one out.
Take it easy

October 18, 2011 at 9:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home