Aloha!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Unique...

After a little research I discovered "unique" means: Having no like or equal; unparalleled; incomparable. Ahhh, perfect, sounds exactly like the life I live. Unique, aren't all of our lives unique?? I think so.
.
Monday had me reflecting on all the dreams I held as a little girl. You know, be a veterinary, have a horse, 4 kids, a husband, and of course a monster truck like the big blue Chevy my dad had growing up. Monday I was watching my son take a shower at 7am at the Kona Pool. Never in a million bajillion years as a young girl would I think I'd be showering my son at 7am at a pool, on the way to school. BUT that is part of my unique life and I would never change or rearrange it. We woke up at 5:30 for swim practice, he watched me swim (helped coach), and did a little swimming of his own , he ate breakfast at the pool and mom "worked". It's our life...
Sunday we did the local Peaman Biathlon together too. Never in a bajillion million years would I have imagined I'd be running down Alii Drive with my 5 yr old, hand in hand, racing. Never would I have imagined it would be my job and one if his favorite family activities. It's a big part of our life, the life we have without horses, the giant Chevy monster truck, and well... you know the rest. I love our unique life...



I had another relay partner that biathlon too. I swam and he ran. It's about time this momma is getting her heart back into shape with all things life, love, and sport. We took 4th, I think Kainoa maybe outran him...haha. Not really, but it was new and fun for us to share this day with another someone...

One of the greatest things I have learned lately is trust. I am telling you so many things have flung upside down, to the left, to the right, and all over the place in this journey towards Ironman Florida. Things I don't even want to write involving sport stuff, bike crank demons, and family too. BUT you know what, I am totally trusting that when you have a life like no other, a unique one without a bunch of pre-written rules on how it will all workout or unfold, you just have to trust. Sort of like Kainoa trusting us when we tell him it's ALL GOING TO BE OKAY TO JUMP INTO THE OCEAN OFF A CLIFF. He goes, I'm going too...

Today was the final LONG ocean swim. I had 8 great people with me. One on the SUP board and 7 swimming alongside me. To arrive at the ocean and see your friends ready to take on your big swim with you meant the world! I'm the one heading to the race and they are the ones helping me get the most out of myself for a good race day. It was awesome. The swim was incredible. Long, super choppy, some dolphins of course showed up, and we had a few good laughs at the expense of climbing a buoy. You better believe race day will not be my own, it will belong to the handful of people that have swam, ran, and biked with me...

...Then this. To get out of the ocean and find your most favorite drink and a handful of kiwi to bust your prerun kiwi craving, you have to believe you have it good even while the other stuff is somewhat sour. I was super blessed. What a surprise and what a thankful heart I'm now holding.

.

Tomorrow will be the final big ride and more swimming. The bike still is not set for me but again, I am not stressing. It's unique right?! I mean, life on an island sometimes means you have to wait a little, er lot, longer for things to happen and as I have learned, they don't always happen the way you imagined they would when you were 13. But as Bob Marley sings, "Don't worry, every little thing is gonna be alright..."

.

Bree



3 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

That Kainoa is turning into to such a little man! Good luck in Florida, Bree!

October 26, 2011 at 4:19 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

You are right each one of our lives is unique and society sometimes has trouble understanding that but that's what makes us and the world interesting.
I hope that all your current concerns get sorted out in time. If it's any consulation, we all have our daily worries, I know you're a positive person and you are going to find a way of "riding" this wave. :-)

October 26, 2011 at 10:56 AM

 
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

One never knows where our life is going until we get there.

I had the horses, the man and big assed truck, one by one they disappeared, life twists in the wind but then I found triathlons in my late 50's and wouldn't trade it now for anything that isn't "true"....(although, I'm still waiting for the man! LOL)

Good Luck in Florida Bree, I'll be cheering for you from Canada!

October 27, 2011 at 6:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home