Aloha!

Friday, November 4, 2011

140.6 Time....

I have no clue on how my 140.6 will unfold tomorrow. Of course I have dreams of how I want it to unfold. My heart has been poured into training for the day that awaits me, the miles, the sweat, the tears, the hours and hours of passion put into play-it's been done. The opportunity given to me has been close to heart too, full on knowing those that have made this possible for me, and I mean possible as so many things have flown out the window like a crazy breeze sweeping through, great people have helped me stand strong in the breezes...thank you.
.
Having Kainoa along for the race has been so special, the way he reminds me to breathe and enjoy this time. I forget sometimes to enjoy prerace. The race, easy to enjoy despite the hard moments, and the post race, again, more easy to enjoy, but the before stuff Kainoa has helped me to EMBRACE...
Having Kainoa here has also made home feel close. Home is where the heart is, right? I love home...

The bike has been checked, number 7 is ready to swimbikerun. It's been very cold here for me, but nothing I can't handle, just going to have to wear more clothes than the races back home. In fact, I put 4 tops in my swim to bike bag! Not sure if I'll put any or all of them on! Sleeves, socks, and gloves are in there too. Never race in those things but I'm not afraid to bust them out and be warm...

6:50 this is where the race will get going, plan to land here post race too! ALOHA ICE BATH! No kidding, going to bust out a bikini (because I packed them and yet to wear them) and ice my legs for the LONG flight home, and Kainoa is begging to go all the way in!

...and the bike! My bike will endure it's first race, it's longest ride, and my third time on it. Maybe not ideal to have limited rides on the new bike, but baby, WHEN I KNOW LOVE AT FIRST RIDE, I KNOW IT!! hahahaha... we will ride!

...and all those bags. Packed. Checked. Ready.

Again, blessed is how this girl is feeling. Another day doing what I love, surrounded by people I love, with support I am thankful for! Those out on the course cheering, those waiting behind a computer for updates, and those calling and texting around the Florida spectators, THANK YOU for being part of tomorrow's race. I will have each of you out there with me. The training partners that have spent hours swimbikerunning with me, thank you! It has truly been a blast and I love having you as even a small part of this day.





To my beautiful mother and poppy, thank you so much for being here to help Kainoa with school work, watch him while I train a little, and support what I do. I know I always told you when I grow up I want to be a veterinarian, well, I changed my mind (7 times), and love that you supported all the times I did and now support this life too!

.

ALL the best to everyone racing tomorrow, have a great (warm) day! See you out there, we got this!

.

Bree



11 Comments:

Blogger Oscarjet said...

Suerte AMIGA! vuela como el viento ! good race !!
tus amigos da spain !

November 4, 2011 at 11:31 AM

 
Blogger Austin said...

Kill it Bree. Have fun. Go fast. We'll see you out there.

November 4, 2011 at 11:35 AM

 
Blogger Whitney said...

Good luck Bree!!! Hope you have a great race tomorrow.

November 4, 2011 at 11:56 AM

 
Blogger Adrian said...

always the best smile in the race! bring it home tomorrow!!! hope to see that smile on the podium!

November 4, 2011 at 11:03 PM

 
Blogger Big Daddy Diesel said...

ENjoy your reward for all your hard work

November 5, 2011 at 3:00 AM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

Loving hearing the reports of you being first into T1 right now. Go Bree Go!

Cheering you on from Boston.

November 5, 2011 at 3:46 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

Have a great race and enjoy each moment!

November 5, 2011 at 4:24 AM

 
Blogger Kristin said...

You are such an inspiration to us age groupers!!! You can rock this IM!!

November 5, 2011 at 7:17 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Bree your training has gone acording to plan and now you await the start gun. Don't think too much!
The body will know what to do and the pressure will ease up halfway through the swim. you will find your stride and you will take each mile as it comes (by the way the you'll soon warm up and start shedding layers). stay in the moment and you'll have a brilliant race. I'll be checking the race online :-)

November 5, 2011 at 8:21 AM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Congratulations, Bree!! Just saw you cross the finish line... you are so inspiring as always. Way to rock it and be first out of swim... way to finish strong! Celebrate... and know that many think you are amazing!!!

November 5, 2011 at 11:33 AM

 
Blogger Khara E said...

Congratulations on a great race! It was so inspiring watching you. You were so awesome with all of your thank yous when we were cheering for you on the bike and as my husband cheered you along your last mile of the run! :) We have a few cool action shots from the bike and run if you would like us to send them over to you! Congrats again! :)

November 6, 2011 at 10:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home