Aloha!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sea Shell Creatures, by Kainoa...

My mom is really busy, sitting on her okole doing much of nothing, I Kainoa, am taking over the computer. Part of the deal going on this “business trip” with my mom is that I keep up with my school work. My grandparents are doing a good job of running my day much like my teacher back in Hawaii. We have Math time, Reading time, writing time, art time, play time, but…no nap time. AWESOME.
.
I’ve got to share the coolest art project of the week, shell creatures! Mom used to always tell me stories growing up on big white sandy beaches. Grandma would take her and the sisters to collect seashells before the sun would come up, they would spend hours along the coast. They had a sailboat too and would sail to little islands and explore old hideouts, secret places, and find sea shell treasures people only dream of. She lived on the beach with sea shells sprinkled throughout her life.
.
Yesterday while mom was on her bike grandma and I gathered shells, the brightest colored paint I’ve ever seen, and some little eyeballs. We painted them to look like shell creatures. When mom saw them she busts out in laughter, they reminded her of growing up with grandma. She still thinks the shell creatures are about the most delightfully tacky, touristy looking shells she has ever seen. Of course I love them, in fact I’m bringing them home to Hawaii for every auntie and uncle!
Okay folks, that’s about all the computer I can handle. It’s a beautiful day in Florida and I’ve got some exploring to do. Mom has a meeting and a swim with her coach & a stop watch. She seems pretty calm, hard to believe the race is just 2 days away. She loves what she does, its fun to watch her enjoy her sport and this life. I like when she makes me part of her job, I know I’m forever her favorite so seeing her swimbikerun is exciting for me. I can hardly wait to be at her finish line with the grandparents, aunties, uncles, and my cousins. From there I’ve got to beg her to take me on the go carts!!! Have a great day, love Kainoa!!
PS. The water is cold here.




8 Comments:

Blogger Tina Marie Parker said...

Love them Kainoa! They are so pretty! Enjoy Florida and give mom a hug for me on race day. Tell her it is all in the bank. Have some fun and enjoy the moment.

November 3, 2011 at 7:05 AM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Good job little man !!
You keep mommy calm cool and collected now, you hear?

And remind her that the prevailing wind on the outbound leg between miles 5 and 22 is cross/head so if she hammers by those other girls in this section she will be picking up some inadvertent draft... and avoid the headwind part of the time..

November 3, 2011 at 7:39 AM

 
Blogger Ange said...

you're right Kainoa...you are Mom's forever favorite. Have a blast, cheer for your Mom for us and know she is SO happy you are there with her! p.s. Good luck Bree!!!

November 3, 2011 at 2:44 PM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

LOVE them! The little dude wants to paint clams like that. I would like to go on the sail boat to discover little islands:) It looks chilly there - more reaseon to go as fast as you can. GO BREE!

November 4, 2011 at 3:12 AM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

Love the flip flops on the wrong feet!

November 4, 2011 at 5:55 AM

 
OpenID jendoestri said...

Those are so cute! Good luck tomorrow, Bree! Hoping it is a fast, awesome day for you.

November 4, 2011 at 9:22 AM

 
OpenID jendoestri said...

Those are so cute! Good luck tomorrow, Bree! Hoping it is a fast, awesome day for you.

November 4, 2011 at 9:22 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

kainoa I think you've got a business plan here! you could sell your treasure shell creations from hawaii on e-bay: necklaces, bracelets.
:-)

November 5, 2011 at 8:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home