Aloha!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas List...

Today I made a very important list, no not the Christmas wish list, my 2012 race list. It's been written, redone, and finally today I think it is "the one". On my run I ran it through my mind over and over, I love it, I'm ready to pack some bags and my bike and get back into the groove. Of course nothing is ever as simple as just making a list and watching it all fall into your hands.
.
Much like those Christmas lists of our youth, we don't always get everything we want and sometimes we only get what we need and absolutely nothing we wanted. But it always seems to work out in the end. My entire run I had to keep reminding myself, "its going to work, it will work, there is a way, the list will happen, ect...". My list feels like being 10 and asking Santa to bring me my own pet dolphin or something!! It's a bit risky to hope the jolly old man will make it happen, but it never hurts to write it down and BELIEVE. That's the beauty of Christmas miracles if you ask me!!
Not sure what you were asking for 20 years ago but my list was AWESOME! A new bike, a trip to Sea World to visit the dolphins, and of course new CD's, the Cool Runnings and La Bamba soundtracks to be exact. Nice. Santa did in fact come through. Now a days the bike comes lovingly from Swift Carbon, ITunes fills my IPOD, and well, my reality is ocean swims with dolphins just about any day I want. No, I never ever take the dolphins for granted. Today I basked in their beauty for most the late morning and felt as awe inspired as I did on my first Sea World trip!!
.
Life is not that simple as you grown ups all know. Today If Santa was in fact going to grant my Christmas list it would be things like all my bills paid on time, a trip to visit my birth dad with Kainoa so he could meet his grandpa, and much like a young girl, to live happily ever after with the man of her dreams. Hey, big girls still dream. Anyways, today I let all my big kid wishes linger on as I soaked up actually living a childhood desire come true, the dolphins so close they let me reach out and touch them...







3 more nights till Santa arrives, sure hope you get all the things you want on your list. If you have yet to make one, I dare you to believe again...

.

Bree



3 Comments:

Blogger Born To Endure said...

Wow, so amazing to see dolphins..how lucky you are!

December 23, 2011 at 3:21 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

what a lovely post. swimming with dolphins in the wild is the stuff of most people's dreams (I've only done it once in the Azores for a few minutes).
Here's a line from my favourite band when I was a teenager " you don't ahve to dream it all, just live a day.." (save a prayer by Duran Duran) I used to dream of meeting them onde day and that came true many times over.

December 23, 2011 at 10:47 AM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Merry Christmas, Bree! Thanks for sharing your blog and inspiring us to be better. :) Looks like a wonderful holiday for you... but hope you are back with your little guy in your arms soon, after his daddy time. In the meantime, happy training with your beautiful life. Happy holidays, cheers!

December 26, 2011 at 9:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home