Aloha!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bright Start....

ALOHA 2012.... so far so good. I have a brilliant new thing added to my "to do and to dream" list for the year, it's good. Sort of like a bright thing shining through a bit of dark, like a star.

Yesterday was DAY 1 of the 2012 triathlon season. Despite it being day 2 of the year, it was day 1. We camped for the New Year and let that linger into last minute Sunday evening when it was time to put the smores away and land back into reality, (camping is a vacation). Swam for an hour, rode for an hour, ran for an hour, then surfed for an hour. 4 hours of my most favorite sports on Earth, not sure if there could be a better beginning to the new season. That wasn't exactly the plan, Coach was updating it Monday evening so the morning/afternoon was mine-I coached myself those 4 hours!! Last night the PLAN arrived and it was a very good thing I left it at those 4hrs and nothing more, in fact it was a good thing to add in that hour of surf. Not only have my hiking island adventures been put on hold, it looks like my surf adventures are now "out of sight out of mine". I'm cool with that, bring on TRIATHON....

New Years, (because I know my mom reads this and actually cares about my life outside of sport), was spent at the beach. Everyone surfed! The entire island was out there, rookies, professional surfers, dogs, grandmas, kids, tandem, and solo. It was pretty awesome if you don't mind sharing waves and seeing an ocean enjoyed to the fullest!





Fireworks lit up the sky towards town, along the beach it was stars twinkling to bring in the New Year. Full on time with friends and family, free of Internet and phones. I'm pretty sure we saw more shooting stars than fireworks and I actually made it to midnight!! We woke up to eggs, rice, avo, papaya, and everyone out for a surf. Simple life at it's finest. Even Chris Lieto landed at the beach, running as if Panama 70.3 was his for the taking in a few weeks! It's nice having Lieto out here with his family, he is such a refreshing reminder that life can be beautifully balanced with swimbikerun....





Alright, time for swim practice then that run coach has on my plan. Start lines are on the way!! Cheers,

Bree!!



2 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

Happy New Year! May 2012 bring your hearts desire!

January 4, 2012 at 3:50 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

I think you've just invented a new sport: Quadrathlon! Swim, bike, run, surf :-)
Happy new year! It's good to be back to the routine here as well

January 5, 2012 at 10:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home