Aloha!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

For The LOVE of Cookies...

Sunday, THANK YOU for going so good and topping off the week with cookies! Tomorrow is a DAY OFF. The entire week was fully loaded with a lot of swimbikerun, focus, concentrate, believe, push through, trust, and just about everything in between. Today was a ride then a half marathon off the bike.
.
After the run I knew I was done, making it count was mandatory. Lately I've been given workouts that I've yet to do before or have yet to hold the pace given for the duration expected. My personal quote of the week was, "Just because I haven't done it before doesn't mean I can't do it". While some workouts still have yet to be tackled with flying stars, a few are now part of the "I CAN do that" now. Today's run is one of them...
I landed in Masuda's drive way after the run, chocolate milk coming up and out from sheer exertion and exhaustion. The sun, the pace, all of it left chocolate milk where chocolate milk does not belong. In return, he made me lunch and fixed the breaks on my truck. NOT EVEN KIDDING. Seriously, life has been handing me a ton of lemons lately but every time I'm tempted to get sour about it Masuda seems to make lemonade out of my life...sweet.
.
Back to the cookies, you simply must try the new coconut sugar, (maybe not new to you, but it just landed on our island). It's ONLY coconut! With the coconut sugar, a banana, a cup of peanut butter, an egg, a little bit of earthy pastry flour, (don't ask, I found it in the fridge and used it), a sprinkle of sea salt, cinnamon, and baking powder, you can have the BEST, most soft, butterless coconutty, peanutty cookies ever to hit the spot after a good run!
.
Aloha ahiahi!
Bree



3 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

Sounds like things are going great for you. That is awesome!

January 23, 2012 at 6:07 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

coconut sugar? I didn't know that existed! Must investigate my asian supermarket.
You're training so hard the tyres can't keep up Bree :-)

January 23, 2012 at 8:49 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer Harrison said...

Hi Bree! Checking in on you and to say HELLO!
These cookies look awesome - but getting coconut here in Chicago, may be impossible in January. LOL :))

Hope you and K are well !!

January 25, 2012 at 10:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home