Aloha!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Snap Shots...

Click, click, click! Snapping away with the camera is my most favorite way to savor a memory, a reminder of where I have been, where I'm going, and of course those along with me. However, snapping away on the camera has simmered down for a tiny, tiny, tiny minute. I'm just really focused right now. Not a day slips by that I don't appreciate the opportunities I have been given in sport, with the people I call family, with all that I have been given-simply put-a photo is a beautiful way to share a life that others would love to have an opportunity to know as well.
.
I know I LOVE looking at pictures of the Oahu girls surfing around the world on pro tour, man I would LOVE if that was an opportunity I knew, their photos share moments with us living out different opportunities, (because you know we all have them in some unique way). Anyways, despite my major moments of focus I have snapped a few from training the past couple days...
Today was a ride I am VERY proud of. It was a loop that includes a pretty nice sized climb. It's not super steep but it's long, hot, and depending on the time of day-WINDY. On my way up a man turned back down, it was abnormally windy. The loop takes roughly 4hours and every time I have ever ridden it I take the road bike and the boys. This morning I was feeling especially brave and took the tri bike and no boys. I saw things I never see, hills, cows, chickens, barns, and paid more attention to the details-like how I felt and when to mix up the gears and drink. It was pretty awesome looking out for myself...




One of the best parts of the ride was getting to the hill top and seeing the homeward bound sign! 31 miles away baby!!




Training has truly uncovered some new territory so far into 2012. Living on a rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean hasn't exactly limited my search for the occasional swimbikerun off the beaten path. Trail runs have kept my passion for simply running-simple. Whenever coach puts up a recovery run or something that speed isn't part of it a trail becomes my Heaven on Earth.

...and then there are the swims. Same big, blue, beautiful ocean. BUT every single swim is different. The swims are probably my favorite part of being back into full time sport, they are the time of day I have the most company and it feels as if I share this opportunity with friends.

My final snapshot is of my hot date night, because a girl has to get out of those sweaty sports bras every now and then...

.

Happy Training!!

Bree



4 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

Great pics! You look hot in the last one! :)

January 8, 2012 at 5:44 AM

 
Blogger Jill Costantino said...

woohoo Hot stuff! Happy trails - that looks fun:) So does date night!

January 8, 2012 at 6:31 AM

 
Blogger Tina Marie Parker said...

You are rockin the hot date night! Go Mike.

January 9, 2012 at 7:42 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

lovely to see you are fitting in some romance in your life too :-)

January 10, 2012 at 12:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home