Aloha!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Post Cards From The Island...

February brought in one of the most beautiful swells you've ever seen. The surf is humongous, trucks are lining the beaches, and cameras are out in full force capturing every wipe out, I captured nothing beachy today. Take that back, if you count tan lines of every shape and size from 7hours of training on the island then I too, am beached.

Last night was, "How much green can we possibly eat". Maybe all this training has me craving green foods that are not found in gel packs, sporty drinks, and other random training products. It was juiced spinach, green apples, and ginger, Brussels sprouts, kale chips, and turkey burger wrapped with you guessed it, more green food-avocado and sprouts. Of course I was a little nervous all that green would land me feeling like a cow dropping cow pies on the side of the road all training day long...but it didn't.

Papaya, 10 for $2.00 meant, papaya with breakfast. LOVE me some fresh island life!

...and the 7hr training day began with a swim. It was lead by some of the Kealakehe High Schoolers going to states. That meant I was getting schooled, one of the boys threw up, I barely kept up, and then it was onto the bike...

The prettiest part of my long ride...

In other bike news, Kainoa has finally mastered riding without his training wheels.
Off the bike run, thought I was seeing stars in this heat. Thankfully just palm trees.

After 7 hours of training I landed back to my truck just in time to see the above...Nice.

Sunset has landed, fish dinner is in my belly, I'm beyond pooped, it was a picture perfect day...

Bree



4 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Francis said...

OMG! you have brussel sprouts over there too? I thought they were an englisg veg! Here they are eaten with xmas dinner.
Happy February! Here is -3 celsius and the wind is blowing form russia. Please send us some heat

February 1, 2012 at 11:11 PM

 
Blogger kakes773 said...

Go Kainoa!

February 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

Yay for Kainoa! Riding without training wheels is a great big boy experience!

February 2, 2012 at 4:32 AM

 
Blogger Jen Small said...

Ahhhh....so lovely.
Wanna swap for a day?? ;)

February 2, 2012 at 11:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home