Aloha!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tri-ing With 4 Boys...

I'm thinking a name change to this blog is needed. "Bree Wee Mom & Triathlete" never really suited me, there is just SO MUCH MORE to me, to this life, than just that. It really is time to redo this website. Kainoa and I endure such a wonderful life as mother and son. Our triathlon journeys, beach adventures, and island discoveries no longer belong to just us. For a long while now they have been shared and it's all 4 of the boys in my life that make this life, my triathlon life, truly that much better...
Kainoa is pretty special as he has two wonderful homes, his father and I set it up that way. Our promise to our son was that our inability to stay together had nothing to do with him and we would do our best to let him have the best of both worlds with each of us. On my end its been just Kainoa and I but now...
2 more big boys get to pick on him, love him, and share his world.

...and another really big guy, but this one is mine :)

Triathlon life with 4 boys is awesome. When you finish a run you get the best compliments, tonight's was, "You smell so good I could eat you, good like an Italian sub from Subway". How can you not just love being told you smell THAT GOOD!? That's life with 4 boys, it always smells and most of them stink-good.

Stinky run shoes, bike shoes after a long race, sports bras, swim suits left in a hot car all day have nothing on the smells 4 boys can bring into life. I'm still the one having to hold my breath despite the linger aroma of triathlon life. Truly, a girl comes up roses in my situation!

The good part is sharing! My feet fit the middle of the 3 boys feet, that means I often take the cool socks and claim them. Middle schoolers have the coolest socks by the way. It goes both ways, triathletes must have the coolest watches because mine are ALWAYS missing. Those and water bottles, IPODS, and towles are always getting mixed up...

Sometimes it's scary sharing life as the only female, I'm out numbered when it comes to movies, love songs, and it looks like driving lately too...

As for Kainoa, he has shown me the importance of "keeping up". He follows, hangs on, and braves going where the older boys go. Take that into tri-life and I'm learning ways to hold on, keep up, and brave going in with the big girls of this sport.

I bet you are wondering how our party of 2 is now a party of 5? Long story short, Target. Over school supply shopping the girl who just finished her run ran into the boy who just finished paddling, on the way to picking up pencils for their boys. Oh, the story has more chapters than that, it's a small island after all and everyone knows everyone. In fact, I was his oldest sons third grade teacher years ago. I know, how cool is that?! You know how life rolls though, it has twists and turns, each through a divorce, landing on our feet, and then one day eyes wide open there we both stood in Target (of all places!) and now, I tri with 4 boys...


It's super, they make me aid stations, make me laugh, cry, smile, and bring more life to my life and Kainoa's too.

Then again, they bring everything, like the time I was hiking and squatted next to a tree to you know, go. Of course they had to capture that moment!


The list of how much life has enriched is gigantic. In a sport like triathlon where you spend so much time solo (I don't want to call it a selfish sport), having this many people to share with is full on giving a new meaning to team work!
...and when this tri-momma has her hands full my side kick is right there to keep me on track. He has been watching me tackle my to-do lists since he was born and now writes them for me, because from 1 to 4 boys my hands are FULL! If you are trying to read the scribble from Kainoa it says: Git t b (get the bike), pin apl (pineapple), post ofis (post office).

Masuda makes my life easier too, packing has never been so easy prerace!!

The best part for me is having someone care so much for my fragile heart. Those that have been reading this blog since 2008 know all about that. Speaking of caring...actually I won't tell all this story, but I tried to lighten the mood by pretending to be the nurse to one of the boys during a hospital visit...talk about sharing the love!

That's me and Masuda, he's my biggest fan next to Kainoa and you better believe I am his...

That my friends is the most stinky hour I have ever survived, you can only imagine...

This makes me so very happy. For every mom who has ever endured a divorce I know you can relate to how happy this makes me, for your child to love and be loved in return when his mom begins to share her life again...


Okay, that's enough boy talk, my pillow is calling...I've got a swim and ride to tackle tomorrow!!

Aloha ahiahi,

Bree



15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very happy for you Bree :)
Shine ON!

February 23, 2012 at 12:04 AM

 
Blogger PocoLocoMan said...

What a blessing!

February 23, 2012 at 2:30 AM

 
Blogger Nitsirk said...

What a sweet post. There is something special about being the lone girl in a family of boys. Kind of like being the princess in a very stinky castle :)

February 23, 2012 at 3:06 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

I am so very happy for you Bree. You are such a wonderful person and I am so glad that you have a found a wonderful family of boys to share your life. I too am the only girl among boys and it is interesting. However, I would not change it all and that includes on the incessant fart jokes.

May your life be continuously blessed with love and happiness!

February 23, 2012 at 6:28 AM

 
Blogger Tina Marie Parker said...

Thanks for so many pictures today. Looks like one happy family and well blended. Kainoa will have a great time being the young kid with three older boys! You look very happy and content. I don't like the word, becuase you are constantly changing and creating an adventure life for everyone. It does take a lot to keep this site up to date. Thank you for that as I make head way in my daily life.

All the best.

February 23, 2012 at 7:28 AM

 
Blogger Bob Almighty said...

Glad to hear things are going well with the home life granted living with guys is just living with athletes 24/7 but eventually the Frito smell will grow on you.

February 23, 2012 at 3:05 PM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

Love that you can always hang with the boys. Big ones and small ones.

February 23, 2012 at 5:00 PM

 
Blogger Born To Endure said...

So so so very nice post..made me smile a lot :) good for you!

February 24, 2012 at 3:07 AM

 
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Wow, if anyone deserves a family full of happiness it is you and Kainoa, and of course ALL of your new family. this gives a whole new meaning to HAPPY NEW YEAR!

February 24, 2012 at 8:27 AM

 
Blogger MtngirlinCali said...

Oh, Bree....I've been a long time lurker and reader but I had to tell you that your post brought tears to my eyes. So happy for you and your littlest guy -- such a fun new household to grow up with!

February 24, 2012 at 9:03 AM

 
Blogger JC said...

Love Love LOVE the family pic! Total framer!
You deserve this and it sounds like they are a bunch of boys that deserve your love too! Sooooo Happy for you Chica!

February 24, 2012 at 9:03 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

What an amazing support team you've got here Bree. I'm so pleased for you even though I've been following your blog for a short while. Life is so much better when you you have someone to share it with. so cool :-)

February 25, 2012 at 7:56 AM

 
Blogger Julia Jones said...

What a great post! Love that boy energy for your training and life.

February 26, 2012 at 1:58 AM

 
Blogger Liz Waterstraat said...

Every once in awhile I head to the other side of the world to see what Bree Wee is up to. She is up to good things :) This post was so happy and beautiful. Congrats, Bree.

March 2, 2012 at 6:08 PM

 
Blogger CoachLiz said...

Those three other boys are pretty darn lucky that you and Kainoa let them join in your adventures. The Lord works in ways we cannot understand, but Masuda's son was in your class for a reason. Give thanks every day for that little miracle.

March 12, 2012 at 8:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home