Aloha!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Week And A day...

Break out the pineapples my friends, in a week and a day I get to race in Panama...still thinking about the swim in the PANAMA CANAL! It's sounding like a reunion of sorts as it's one of the first races of the season, time to reunite with friends and faces from all over the world by way of swimbikerun. Today I had a beach invite with my favorite wahine, of course I told her we will have to catch up another day-today was ALL ABOUT PANAMA.

Mission #1: Ride long & run (very soon) off the bike. I don't know about you, but it's very easy to have a 7 or 22 minute transition when you do a brick on a training day, those don't exactly help race day, so today I inserted "very soon" in hopes to actually run off the bike in record timing. I also wanted company. NOBODY wanted to go and those who did couldn't make it. SOMEHOW I managed to talk Masuda into riding up the big hill with me, he didn't like it at all and began to not like me too when I reached the top and came flying back down to ride the rest of the way up with him, again.

.

I've un-officially renamed the loop "Panama Loop" because I day dream about Panama every time I ride this route. It's so hot and looks nothing like Hawaii, it's my Panama Loop. Speaking of Panama, I land on Friday. It's such a late arrival coming from so far away, but motherhood and life decided Friday is the day that works for me and with that I'm more than okay...

That run "soon off the bike" did indeed happen much sooner off the bike than all the other bricks so far into the new season, I'm hoping it pays off next weekend with the legs feeling less cactus needle-ish than the usual needle feeling that happens. I'll let you know. By the way, I ran into that above cactus on the ride, you know in Panama and some places here, people cook them and eat them, got to love the Panama Loop!!

With a week and a day to go, I even began packing. However, I am in a stump, between support at the moment. That leaves me undecided on what to pack, I'll fill you in asap. Until then, I'll buy into the newest ad in Surf Magazine, "Life is better in board shorts"...

.

Happy Training...

Bree



3 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Panama will be such a great race for you I bet! It sounds like you're well prepared for it.

they do say either travel to the race venue well in advance or very close to race day if you cross a few time zones so your friday travel may just be ideal.

February 5, 2012 at 7:44 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

Go rock Panama! I will be rooting for you from Colorado Springs!

February 5, 2012 at 9:04 AM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

You're going to take Panama by storm - can't wait to see who the lucky sponsors are to get you!

February 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home