Aloha!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thanks For My Speedos!

This is a very good representation of my life right now, the front seat. THIS is actually, without a doubt, the organized, cleaned up, minimum of a day on the go. Don't bother looking in the back, its a bike and everything smelly that belongs with biking.
.
3 days till the Hapalau, I really don't want to get run down by the Kenyans. Us girls in "The Chase" pretty much land a 3 mile head start on those gazelles, er Kenyans. They are HUNTING us in the absolute most fast fashion men can move on 2 legs, I sort of feel like pooping in my pants just thinking about it, nerves & butterflies are busy...
.
Much like the front seat (parents, triathletes, slobs) you are familiar with that pile of everything imaginable to get through a day without any real pit stops, after the Hapalau there really isn't much of a pit stop and then it's off to Costa Rica for REV3. My head feels messy like that pile, I have yet to pack or organize for Costa Rica because I want to get through the Hapalau first, if there was 29 hours in a day its possible I'd find the time to pack for both tomorrow...
.
Honestly, I'm not a fan of the pile...BUT...I'm a big fan of the direction my life is moving and if it involves a pile I can deal.
As you know, life has undergone some changes for the mini-Wee and me, perhaps the most noticeable at the moment is the before (see above) and after (see below) of my little beach buddy...
His over sized surf trunks have been replaced for blue Speedo pants. I would say the Speedo is only 45 minutes a day BUT he loves it, really loves it and parades around in them (goggles too) for most the afternoon, all night through dinner tonight too. Never in my life did I expect to hear Kainoa say, "Mom, I love these Speedo pants, thank you for my Speedo pants", but he said it today and I laughed harder than you will ever imagine.
Almost as exciting as the Speedo is the pineapple patch in full on bloom. The entire garden is growing-slowly. Other than Speedos and pineapple, swimming is going to be cool again tomorrow, there is going to be a very fast cyclist swimming with us. Give you a hint, his name rhymes with pants...
.
Have good weekend!!
Bree



4 Comments:

Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Looks like the "office" in order to me..

March 9, 2012 at 3:58 AM

 
Blogger Jamie said...

Have fun riding with Pants Barn Strong!

March 9, 2012 at 5:17 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

I love the speedo pants! He looks great in them!

My truck looks like yours right now with all my tri-great and I don't get paid to do tris. Fun, fun, fun!

March 9, 2012 at 5:33 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

tidy car and I love your pineapple patch. Who knew they were so easy to grow...with the right conditions!

March 10, 2012 at 7:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home