Aloha!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Love around the house...

You can think & ponder of LOVE in a million different ways, meanings, purposes, actions, and other stuff. Life with 4 boys is always, ALWAYS giving it a new meaning around here. Tonight's example, see above. After dinner Kainoa begged for a blueberry banana smoothie. Of course, how can I say no to that when growing up I begged for ice cream after dinner. However, I LOVE that kid and to me, that means "hiding beets" So I did, I put one tiny beet in the smoothie.
.
Before even tasting it Kainoa said, "I told you no beets mom". How can he tell there is a tiny beet just by looking! Peek for yourself, 2 of those smoothies are blueberries and beets, the other is a remake of his without beets, I caved in and made another without beets! You can't even taste it! Or see a difference! LOVE is remaking a smoothie tonight...
This is also love. I'm not sure who did it, but one of the older boys always, sticks Kainoa's tooth brush so high above his head that I have to laugh every morning. Maybe that's what some kids do to pick on the little kid, but I'm calling it love around this house...
Sunsets, no further explanation, straight up love....
Maybe I spend more time here than the ladies who actually work the Sunday farmers markets, but THIS IS LOVE. I have always, always, always wanted a garden of my very own. And one day Masuda just happened to build out a giant box, fill it with soil, and gave me a spot to start up a garden. Days like today, I go up to the garden 3x! This morning no new action, this afternoon a beet popped up, tonight the bok choy is almost ready to harvest! I fall more in love in a giant box of soil with seeds turning to fresh food everyday! I really think a garden is the perfect gift for a girl like me, you can't help but forget you are loved when you have constant reminders, like kale sprouting, tomatoes climbing, peas popping up, and squash taking over!!
.
...and now love is a bedtime story in our home.
Aloha ahiahi,
Bree



3 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Francis said...

I'm with Kainoa on that one, no beets for me either and i'm a lover of all things vegetables!
I love your vegetable patch, it looks sooo lush!
some barbequed chicken with teryaki sauce and a stir fry of bok choy served with rice and other vegetables and you've got a yummi dinner.
Have you tried growing sweet bell peppers yet?

April 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

I've just had a mad idea, not sure they will let this in to your islands. I could send you some seed packets from the UK for you to try. Let me know if customs let that in as I'll have lots of fun choosing some veg varieties in my garden centre. i live across the road from it :-)

April 4, 2012 at 10:10 PM

 
Blogger Christi said...

Great lookin' garden!

April 5, 2012 at 4:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home