Aloha!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Motivation...

"Sometimes a girl just needs a whole bunch of joy in her life, not just to win or lose"
.
Monday began before the chickens woke and it looked as if this week was going to be one of those that start bright and early Monday and runs hard and fast right into late Sunday...one of those weeks. So I got fired up about it, happy about it, and kind of eager to tackle it too. Then something happened...
.
I realized if I breathe throughout each little thing, sort of enjoy it not just do it, I might actually get more out of it. My motivation for the week is to be "present" in each part of what is happening. So during swim, I swam. Just swam. I thought only on swim, paid attention to swim stuff, talked swimmy things, and even liked being in the pool, drenched in chlorinated lap after lap. Somehow that landed me with actually getting in the warm up and cool down, not just doing the "workout" part.
.
Then I had a pretty good sized run. This is the time in my day that I love, thoughts drift all over the place. The grocery list gets mentally made, love notes get written, knots get untangled, and some sort of refreshment happens at the foot step of done. But today, I ran. I only ran. Thinking only running things, like holding back my arms from doing that funky chicken thing they do, breathing, pacing, run only stuff. Shocking how successful of a run that ended up being...
.
I think when we were kids it was so easy to live in the moment, to be present. There was no need to think about getting dinner on the table, our parents did that. Tomorrows "stuff" would happen tomorrow, and whatever happened yesterday was long gone...
.
Surprisingly, way more got accomplished this Monday just by taking it all in stride and being part of each little part of the entire day. Have you ever watched a child sleep? I'm watching Kainoa now and let me tell you, he is totally in the moment, not thinking about what to wear to school tomorrow, who will show up to recess, what mom will pack in his lunch, how he will get through swim practice, or if it will be sunny out. A single step at a time...
.
Alright, time for me to attempt this sleep thing of "just sleep", let the rest fade and handle it a step at a time. Night!!!
.
Bree



2 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

"Be in the moment" I am going to take that to heart this week as well.

April 17, 2012 at 1:19 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Oh I wish I could just stay in the moment. I spend most of my day worrying about what's coming up next :-(

April 21, 2012 at 7:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home