Aloha!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Thinking on my best...

Today I had a single hill to run. It was a good one, it just goes up. Once you land on top you can see Hualalai, Mauna Kea, Mauna Loa, and Kohala on a clear day, today was clear and it made for CLEAR THINKING! Laying in the grass my thoughts were all of the parts of my day that really, truly deserve appreciating. I know life gets rough and times get difficult, these moments are the ones worth holding tightly, their glimpse are the best parts of life right now...the rest sucks. Just kidding, but really, these are the good parts...
Our garden. Spending quiet moments there, watching it unfold a day at a time, and being able to take a fork up with me and call it lunch...
Ocean swims...warm, sunny, fish filled.
Being able to wear little bikini's all year round and never worrying about how small they are or if it's up your butt, nobody cares on the island and every body size, shape, color is welcome to grace the shores of Hawaii in hardly anything! These days make me thankful I am a girl...Guava, waterfalls, and him...
Beach runs in the sand, alone on a beach, early morning with just a few birds waking up...Papaya, 7 for $2.00. Of course all the fruit is good and picking from a tree is cool too, but these get me every time!
Sunsets with a little boy who daily reminds me how to find passion in every part life...
Dolphins on swims, in the surf...
Swim practice for 10 and unders and my best friend as the coach...
Sitting on the roof at night after all the boys have gone to sleep, watching the moon rise and the stars beg me to make wishes on them. I'm pretty sure those and some good miles on the bike are the best parts of life right now...
.
I once read that what we focus on grows. Focus on the good and more of it will be recognized, focus on your problems and they will get bigger and more vivid. That said, bring on more gardens, sunsets, ocean swims, bikinis, runs on a beach, dolphins, island fruit, Masuda & hikes to cool spots on Earth, Kainoa's priceless passion for life, good friends, and roof top moments!~ Off to write out some bills, sure wish we could pay in sand dollars...
.
Bree



5 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

So beautiful!

April 11, 2012 at 6:21 PM

 
Blogger Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I totally believe in the power of positive thinking! The photos of your life are gorgeous - life is good.

April 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM

 
Blogger Bryan said...

I hope your racing season goes as well as your life seems to be right now! You seem to be in a really good place!!

April 12, 2012 at 3:29 AM

 
Blogger Christi said...

YOu are right. Focus on the positive and picture where you are going and it will become your reality! That is the Secret!

April 12, 2012 at 4:57 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Gorgeous - gorgeous pictures!
How often do we say that to you?
:-) by sharing them with us, you brighten up our day as well, wherever we may be in the world.

Focusing on the positive becomes a magnet that attracts more of the same good stuff.

April 15, 2012 at 6:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home