Aloha!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Are We There Yet??

Today was awesome, the day before most all trips are always awesome though, I try to SOAK up every second, minute, hour of the day outside before I am trapped in an airplane for 15 hours.  The day began with eggs, toast, and Kainoa.  That little boy wakes up so happy, it's challenging not to find some sort of excitement to be awake before the chickens when he is just beaming at sunrise...
.
My head is stuck in a few good books at the moment, guaranteed to finish one on the flight, but for now I'm reading all about the highs, lows, and everything between day-to-day training and life.  One of the pages read about a favorite movie of mine, "Cool Runnings".  It went on and on about how as athletes we need to be content with our lives and what we have filled within them outside of sport.  Not at all saying to be satisfied where we are and not strive for our faster goals and desires, but that "If we aren't enough without them we will never be enough with them"...SWEET LESSON!
.
Being a training sort of book, it also had some advice about not "going to the well" in training day after day.  For those of us that train with our hearts that can be really hard. But for the day, I trained with my head.  During track workout with the Kona crew I just did my very own thing, stuck to the plan from coach, held the reins a little even though I sort of felt better than good, and I left the workout feeling another one in me...that is what I'm learning.
Then to the ocean for what felt like an ice bath!  The water is so chilly right now, Knoxville might just have me in for some shocking swim conditions. "Bree you love wetsuits, Bree you love wetsuits-repeat many times..." The legs felt shaky after the run but soon came around.  By the time the legs came around the arms were warmed up and loving my beautiful ocean life...
.
Packing is finally done, all is set to go.  Next stop, Knoxville baby!  I've never been there so I'll be sure to take pictures and let you know all that my eyes see.  Coach Steve has me convinced its ALL orange.  Everything is orange.  I asked if it was because the tree leaves are changing (that I would love to see), he informed me it has everything to do with the pride of the football team.  I'm pretty excited despite a bit of homesick...
Of course the night before any day before a trip was spent having dinner at the beach with my favorite blue eyes in the world...
.
Happy Training...
Bree



5 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

Safe travels!

May 3, 2012 at 4:43 AM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Safe travels and hope you have a great race, Bree. Looking forward to reading your race report. Thanks for sharing your beautiful life, so inspiring! Btw, your little blue eyes is so adorable... and he is a mini-you! :)

May 3, 2012 at 9:45 PM

 
Blogger JC said...

You will be AMAZING Chica!
XoXoX

May 4, 2012 at 7:54 AM

 
Blogger Caroline said...

Love the pic of you at my buoy. I mean it has my initials on it and everything. GOOD LUCK in Knoxville Bree!

May 4, 2012 at 9:10 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

I don't like wetsuits either but I hate cold water even more. Safe travel to knoxville. Go knock 'em dead and get onto that podium :-)

May 4, 2012 at 9:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home