Aloha!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

First Day of Summer...

Woke up feeling EXACTLY like a kid, a kid about to be let loose from school for an entire Summer at the beach!  The feeling of accomplishment meshed with freedom, you know it.  Today I experienced it full force, just slap some pigtails in my hair.  Kainoa's last day of Kindergarten, how proud is this momma!  The little friendships he made, learning to read, and no longer wetting the bed at night-sweet stuff for the island boy!
This Summer also means lots of ocean swims!  Even Kainoa's swim team had practice in the ocean this afternoon and I was so thankful to help out.  They are such incredible little swimmer kids.  Going fearlessly into the big blue all while having the most incredible time working hard.  You know what else I recognized???  These children LOVE it, APPRECIATE it, and KNOW they are blessed to have the ocean as their backyard and an island for a playground.  It's nice to see that amongst the children in the world today...
I also enjoyed the start of Summer and welcomed the playground called home.  We tackled the the Hawaii 70.3 course and most all morning I was busting myself pinching myself THAT at this moment in my life I am experiencing my dream job.  I'm not sure if I fell into triathlon or triathlon fell into my life, one thing I do know is that I won't spend any time taking it for granted...
The ride was good times as it was a day not spent training solo.  A push, shove, and company was so much better on a good day like this one...


We swam the course too.  It might not look like it, but we did.  Being the beginning of Summer we also found a bit of time to play after...and NOW...recover into race day.  Happy Summer, congrats to all the kiddos that have survived another school year!!
.
Bree



3 Comments:

Blogger Christi said...

A great way to spend the day! Have a great summer!

May 25, 2012 at 3:53 AM

 
Blogger Nick, Brooke ,Whistler said...

I can't believe little Kainoa finished his first year of school, kindergarten!!! So grown up...

What a great way to get those kids ocean ready and to feel comfortable with the water; we never did ocean swims for swim practice with the Sarasota Sharks.

May 25, 2012 at 5:52 AM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Pics of Kainoa always make me smile. Love it! :)

Two more weeks of school for me and then I get to play!

May 25, 2012 at 7:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home