Aloha!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

In One Week....

In a week from today it's Hawaii 70.3 (Honu).  With a big race on the horizon my excitement is lingering, butterflies too, and a lot of important race prep:

1. Slept till 10.  Actually 5:30 but stayed in bed till 10.
2. Walked to the market to buy potatoes-VERY important part of training!
3. Picked a bean from the garden.

That's all I have done, its 4pm.  That day is so unlike me, but I am learning to EMBRACE the rest that makes the hard work roll into a good race.  Oh, I'll go for an easy run tonight...at sunset.



Speaking of good runs, Honu a couple years ago was my best run on this course .  It was just so easy.  I want that run again in a week from today...to run effortlessly.  Last years run was a pain in my butt till mile 10, to repeat that run-no thanks.  Unless it lands another really good day of staying mentally strong and landing a surprising outcome, like last year.  This year coach let me jump in with the speed work team on Wednesdays and I trained for a couple run races, so I'm fingers crossed and hopeful that I will indeed have a better run.  The pool here is closed (again) for the couple weeks leading into the race so I'm hopeful on the swim being good too-ocean time always makes for better swims.  And the bike, we have been best friends this season...a good day is just a week away.
This was yesterdays swim practice, since our pool is closed.  With training partners like this, how can you not LOVE swim practice!  Good thoughts for the next week, goals in place, more resting easy...

See you at Honu!!
Bree




6 Comments:

Blogger Bre said...

Aww I'm so glad you posted a pic of the dolphins. I did manage to get in the water but I definitely waited till those training partners made it slightly further away from me! :) Kick butt in Honu, and thanks for taking a minute to say hi to me yesterday morning!

May 26, 2012 at 10:09 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Bree, you're killing it. Way to be! Rich P.

May 27, 2012 at 5:15 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Bree, you're killing it. Way to be! Rich P.

May 27, 2012 at 5:15 PM

 
Blogger Christi said...

I love your swim training partners!

May 28, 2012 at 2:49 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Rest is good but tricky to do for any of us, although i LOVE sleeping. With training partners like yours how can you not have a great race in Honu? It will be awesome :-)

May 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM

 
Blogger Kiet said...

You mean the year we started the run together and I tried to drop you and then you clawed your way back and dropped me like a bad habit? Every year around this time I miss not being able to be at this race. Crush it chica and race it with heart, I'll be along for the ride. And Kukio, I miss Kukio too!

May 29, 2012 at 7:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home