Aloha!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Something About the Ocean...

THIS was a high-light today.  Something about the ocean always, always feels so right to me, it is after all, my favorite spot on Earth.  It amazes me how a place so deep and dark can feel incredibly safe and peaceful.  Fearless is how I feel when nothing but water surrounds me...
.
The youth of Kona Aquatics had an evening swim session and Coach Steve is always cool about letting me jump in with squad, so I did.  We swam into a beautiful sunset and the cares of the day faded away.

We worked on sighting skills, breathing skills, and pacing...
Manta ray and honu kept us company...
The team truly is family.  The little boy on the front right was a baby who I once held 9 years ago, there are former students in the squad, Kainoa's old babysitter, a little girl I once babysat and burnt cookies with, a few who I watched as middle schoolers now going off to college, and of course Coach Steve who first taught me all about ocean swimming and chased any sharky fears I ever considered far, far away...
This crew inspires me, their hard work, their refreshing passion for sport, and the way they are quick to believe in each other keeps me motivated...

It was a perfect evening, the kind that puts you to bed with a smile on your face.  Beyond thankful for this day.  With 10 days till Hawaii 70.3 this is the spot I need to be, focus on what matters to me...

Aloha,
Bree



2 Comments:

Blogger Bre said...

ahh I so have to get in the ocean! 4 days in Kona and I've not been able to chase away the sharky fears of my own! haha these pictures sure make it look fun!

May 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

lovely ocean. Of course i never think of sharks because I've never met one....what tips have you got if you meet with one? are there any tricks to help them go away?

May 24, 2012 at 11:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home