Summer Pie is basically, oats, fruit, flour, something sweet, something creamy. That is it. I'll tell you what we used but KNOW you can use whatever you have on hand and it will turn out.
- 3 cups of berries (no berries, that is okay, use apples, pears, peaches, ect.)
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup coconut flour (use ANY flour your diet eats)
- Agave to taste (use honey, stevia, brown sugar, white sugar, whatever you like)
- 1 cup coconut oil (again, up to you, butter works too!)
- Optional to the crust: Mash in a banana, nuts, coconut shreds, cinnamon (we did).
Use half the crust in the bottom of a pie pan, no need to grease it. Add your berries (or papaya, apples, any fruit, 3 cups worth) to the pie. It will be fully loaded. Now you can add more agave or sweet stuff here too.
Add the remaining parts of the crust on top of the fruit. Bake at 350 for about 30-35 minutes. We bet you like it. It is so easy and every week of Summer you can mix up the fruit combination or what you add into the crust.