Aloha!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

In The Valley...



Kainoas map took us to the valley, how appropriate.  The funny thing is, down in the middle of roaring seas, tall mountains surrounding us, and hot black sand, there was the most calm river.  It was all the shades of peaceful, still, and unhurried...

Much to my surprise, in the midst of my very own tall mountains to climb, seas that are raging a bit more than usual, and of course some hot black sand, I feel more calm and collected than usual.  I'd like to blame it on trust.  Maybe as an athlete you can relate-you do the training so the start line is less intimidating, you trust the work you did.  Maybe as a mom you can relate-you taught your child manners as best as you can, prepared them with school supplies, even put them to bed on time, just maybe they survive the first day of school (and the teacher).  It feels like that...



On a rope swing, holding on tight, deep breaths and enjoying the "day by day".  At the moment, training has been very appreciated.  Each swimbikerun this week just feels so new to me, maybe because it feels more like a mom who swims, bikes, runs rather than a professional triathlete mom. I'm still sorting through how to feel on that thought, but it's a mountain top to climb and I of course, am trusting...

The week, so far, has also been a beautiful blend of triathlon & school.  You know, TB testing, some educational videos to "update" myself, I even wrote on the white board with EXPO markers today!  I'll be honest though, through partial excitement because the thrill of "teaching a child" still excites me, the markers that still make me happy with all the colors, and brushing my hair (nicely), a few moments of "I'm just not ready for this life yet" did consume me.  I wonder if I'll be in the middle of a lesson looking out the window, missing my bike.  Then I made myself stop wondering because nothing has changed at the moment and I am still holding a training plan for a race next weekend...

...and triathlon?  My flight to the Philippines is ready to go.  This momma even got out her luggage and passport.  I was all colors of excited.  The Philippines is one of the most special spots on Earth, it puts life into perspective when my feet are overseas, there specifically.  The trip will be very welcomed, extremely appreciated, and of course taken whole hearted.  It also dished up an opportunity to meet up with some of the Swift Carbon crew for that side of the world, looking forward to meeting them and seeing the best bike ever in their shop!  See, it's things like that, people like that, who have made my moments in sport so enduring, they just keep caring and opening doors for me.  Like the staff of Philippines 70.3, how incredibly patiently they have been!  Sometimes it just feels as if I am where I belong...

Beautiful balance, trust, right?


Kainoa starts 1st grade Monday, we did the school shopping stuff that wraps up a Summer, we are soaking literally every drop out of this week with friends and adventures, and he is so amazing in knowing that mom "gets to race in the Philippines", just supporting me too-like letting me ride bike today without complaint.  We truly have become a beautiful team...




Thankful,
Bree



1 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Bree there is no reason why you can't see yourself as a professional triathlete with a sideline business in education :-) for the time being you can be both and that's ok.
And you have a race coming up so soon and that's something to look forward to as well.

July 25, 2012 at 11:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home