Today was a day worthy of sharing the workout, so I will in case you need a Wednesday workout...
- Warm up easy 10 minutes, then toss in a few pick ups, such as 2x100 fast and a 200 quick for leg turn over and to fire up the heart.
- Main set: 4x1 minute at 5k pace minus 15 seconds, 1min. rest between each. 4x3 minutes at 5k pace with 2 minutes rest between each. 2x5 minutes at 10k pace or slightly faster depending on where you are in race season, 3 minutes rest between. Finish off with 2x1 minute all out race pace, minute rest between each. (This was super ugly for us). We had about 30 of us at practice pretty much went full speed, hit a wall, and fell backwards after 29 seconds.
- Cool down. (8ish miles for our crew was the workout).
- Warm up whatever you like, swim, drills, kick...do that.
- Main set: 70x50 @ 45 building to sprint the last ones. This was not physically hard but mentally a challenge for me, that's why I'm sharing. If you struggle at all with repetition like this I highly suggest this set. My brain was all over the place and when the finish came I felt like a rock star for not having my head explode, well truth be told the company made it way better too.
- Cool down.
I'm looking forward to that dance, the one with the sticks that makes you feel like a kid!