Aloha!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

8 Minutes...



In honor of my new "bike packing record" of 8 minutes, I'm just showing you 8 of my most precious and favorite moments heading into Mexico.  Oh, the credit goes in part to my brother-n-law being back home and helping, he is the worlds best bike mechanic you know.  We took my usual solo 14 minutes it takes to get my bike in the box and made it 8! So my fave 8 moments are... drum roll please....

#1.  Kainoa passed out in a hammock after singing himself to sleep while playing ukulele!

 
#2  My boyfriend.  I'm pretty sure this man in my life can best be summed up with this quote:  To love someone deeply gives you strength, to be loved deeply gives you courage- Lao Tzu. 
 

 #3 Ocean swims and seeing best friends underwater during them...
 
#4 The bay, all the bays!  Each and every adventure up a hill and down a volcano!
 

 
#5 New Splish suits, get one on sale now too!  Well, not this one, it's my special Hawaiian islands with a splash of Japan tossed in. It makes me smile with my favorite colors of the ocean and Japan like Masuda!!
#6 Love notes.  Well, just notes stuck on my truck after bike rides with the girls.  They always seem to make me feel like we are in school passing notes between class (or work/training sessions).
 
#7 'nuff said.
#8.  The Nelsons being home! Having my sister and her family back home on the island after their 3 months of biking has been nothing short of incredible!  To laugh and share dinners again, all the simple things like being in the same time zone have meant the world to me...!

Tomorrow, off to Mexico...

BIG Thanks to Kona town for sending this girl off to another race so blessed!  To Bike Works for saving my Swift Bike and me countless times, Coconut Girls for rubbing me down, Oden for cracking and adjusting my body, Super Swimmer Karlyn Pipes for flying me on her miles, Kona Aquatics for the swim company, Sals run squad for Wednesday pain, my training partners and friends for keeping me humble, Masuda for moments I have only dreamed possible, and of course Kainoa for making me go another step just by looking at me with those big blue eyes, not wanting to give up on you...

Bree
 



3 Comments:

Blogger helenmullarkey said...

Go Bree! We're all behind you. Ride that wave.

September 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

1 is best! Plus that monster truck in the last that you failed to mention

September 20, 2012 at 11:35 AM

 
Blogger Whitney said...

Good luck Bree! I happen to be watching one of Super Swimmer Karlyn's training DVD's right now. I'm trying to work on my swim strokes this winter and need some form guidance.

September 20, 2012 at 2:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home