Aloha!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Carrots...

Fortunately for me my best friend is up for adventures as much as me, unfortunately for me he works on Maui.  Good for me I can visit, even slap on a hard hat when I'm lucky and pretend to look busy while getting dirty doing nothing (or spraying dirt with a hose, my most recent job).  Even better is when we find good stuff out on our adventures... like carrots.  Hop in the truck with us, I'll show you our most recent discoveries....
 A 100 ft. waterfall that neither of us (and we have been all over the islands) have ever landed at! Of course getting there was fun too, like the 3 waterfalls we found on the way...
 Through bamboo Forrest, over little streams, up a ladder, down a ladder, in mud and cow poop...
Some rope climbing sections too, all in slippers!  Of course these slippers had to fall apart a few river crossings later and landed me barefoot.  Thank you God for some tuff feet and growing up barefoot on my grandpas farm!
Masuda then found an old lava tube with rushing water, thought it would be really fun to walk through, so we did.  It was uncharted waters, some funky deep holes that had me up to my belly in water, and then my stomach sank into my shoes, not 'cause I was scared, but I felt like staying alive and making it home to Kainoa...
 
Somehow we landed in a cartoon too, well it was real life, but the tree looked like something from a cartoon. A tree colored like a rainbow!
 
 
Up and down the sides of valleys, swimming through cold streams, jumping off a cliff, eating fruits from trees, and picking flowers... it was a favorite day in my life.  THEN...carrots.  On Maui they always have these little food shops with fresh garden flavors.  We found a favorite and it's become a "make at home" must!!  Here's how to make your own carrot salad like we discovered...

 
4 large carrots (mix in the food processor till they are small bits).  Add in a cup or 2 of cashews, 3 large tablespoons of coconut oil, and optional coconut cream (as much or little as you want).  Process again till all combined, not too much though or you'll land carrot soup.  Then chill and eat!  At first it was adventure to look at, but after a few bites we began to love it.  Optional salt or spices...
 
Aloha ahiahi,
Bree




2 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Await for meeeee Breee! Let me come along to this adventure. It sounds more fun than going to work today :-) and let me get my "rubbahh slipppahs" too. This kind of of trek is right up my street. thank you so much for "inviting" us along. Those islands are the stuff of dreams,Have a lovely time you and Masuda

September 18, 2012 at 10:06 PM

 
Blogger krystyna47 said...

That tree is not the same as the link below, but it is similar: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=476899405658373&set=a.476899275658386.129212.427481527266828&type=1&ref=nf

They get even more colorful!!!

September 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home