Aloha!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hola!

Another page in my story is about to be turned over, a new page is about to be read.  From one page to another we float through our personal books of life.  A real page turner are some days, others we are on the edge of our seat-holding our breath.  There are also pages you wish would last for a few more paragraphs because you love them so much.  And of course you read what you wish had never been written only to find out a chapter or two later it all makes sense and it was all along for the better. 

I think I'm on that page.  Good reading, some drama tossed in where you wish Robin Hood would take from the rich and give to the poor, a bit of a fairytale (insert Ironman Kentucky), all while feeling like Cinderella dancing at the ball with her Prince Charming, but in her play clothes not a pretty dress.  Off this beautiful island in the Pacific and over to the little island of Cozumel is the next page...aloha to hola!

It's a surreal moment for sure, another page in my life that is not taken for granted in the least.  I already know how blessed I am, nobody has to remind me.  Good things come and go, perhaps focusing on all the good has really made walking where I take my steps so precious to me.  Do you know how I'm getting where I'm going?  Because of the characters (the wonderful people) in my life.  Once again my paycheck did not arrive, maybe this Cinderella has her pumpkin always arriving late? Yet somehow I will arrive at the ball, the start line of another race. In fact, I'm racer #37 if you are wondering...

My gaze is fixed firmly on this page, just this one.  My usual reading style is to check out the last page first.  I like the pictures too, but the last few pages are best.  Knowing how a story ends even before reading how it begins, that's okay with me.  In fact, it is never spoiled for me to skip to the end then go back and see how it all worked out that way.  It drives Masuda to shake his head in wonder and awe at me, he always tells me to "read a page at a time", especially in my own life, not an actual book. Now if only my pumpkin would get here, the wicked step mom would quit hitting me with a broom, the glass slipper would fit, and the big bad wolf would quit trying to blow my house over. But, again if I read a page at a time all that will be sorted out...So... I'm just going to get on a plane, fly to Mexico, focus on the race, race my little heart out, fly home to Hawaii, and come back to life on this island.  I guess it's just that simple...

This page, today I like.  I'll live it and love it a page at a time...
Bree



4 Comments:

Blogger Adrian said...

All the best at Cozumel! Destroy the competition, hope to see you right at the top of the podium, smiling away as always! GOOOOOOd luck!

September 21, 2012 at 3:20 AM

 
Blogger Tina Marie Parker said...

Have an amazing race!
All the Best!

September 21, 2012 at 6:25 AM

 
Blogger Kathy said...

I'll keep my eyes peeled for you but you'll likely be a blur. :) Have a GREAT race and hope your flight was good (though I can't imagine how LONG that must have been. Ouch!)

September 21, 2012 at 11:49 AM

 
Blogger JC said...

What an awesome post! I so hear you with skipping through the pages to the end and then going back and reading through the details. You are VERY well written - maybe you can take up writing too and write the stories with the endings first and then the rest of the details. I would buy those books forsure!
Go kick some BOOTAY this weekend and then celebrate with your Prince Charmings (the big one and and the little one).
Hugs Chica

September 21, 2012 at 12:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home