Aloha!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cruising...

You know when you wake up and your son pees the bed?  Then you notice there is no more cereal and you have a crunch before getting off to school, that means no time to make eggs and toast. And of course emails you wish had different words written on them land on your computer.  That was how the morning started.  But for some reason I looked around the house, actually sat down in the rush of it all, took the best deep breath and thought, "My life rocks!".  Because you know, attitude is everything and at 5:18 in the morning that is just too early to determine if the day will be "one of those". Besides, it was just a wet bed and no cereal...

With flying colors I managed to ace the mom-thing! First grade drop off on time, socialize with other moms that talk mom talk, and have Kainoa's lunch packed and homework done (with color).  Then I was voted, "mom with the smallest shorts, did I steal them from a 5th grader".  I will never grow up and happily took my new title of mom with shorts too small for me...

Off to swim.  Iron distance later, a salty mess, I realized (for the bajillionith time), that I just LOVE home.  Like really, really love it. Most people love home I guess, it's what surrounds us that makes it special. Next was the bike.  Rather than share the bike workout, it was a keeper though, I'll try to pass along the feelings that fluttered along within me on that ride.  Basically it had some intervals and my Ipod (don't judge me for being one of those that wear tunes while training), was right on target. Have to share the music!  Click the link to hear the song...

Let it fly.  Warm up, so calm.  Had me cruising along on a sunny day.
I feel so good. Picking it up a little, this is my Maui song!
Hey now now.  I'm a Michael fan, there is a line in this song that just gets me.
Wild ones. Can't help myself, this was my fastest part & dance moves on a bike!
Happy as the sun. My cool down, I'm in love song.

Here is the line I love from the 4th song:  "Don't let mistakes be so monumental, don't let your love be so confidential, and don't let your heart be so judgmental..."

Pretty much I cruised through the day all because at 5:18 I wasn't ready to be grumpy.  The day popped up some cool opportunities, I'll get to that one day soon.  Kainoa did good at school, phew!  And then a sweet moment came about when the Kealakehe high school triathlon club had me as a guest today to talk triathlon!  The youth rock!

Double rainbow kind of day, yes it was...
Bree



4 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

ahhh - what a reminder Chica! You are a beautiful soul!

November 16, 2012 at 2:20 PM

 
Blogger Christy said...

Ah, I like this realistic post. And, really like the line in that song. Thanks for the post and rainbow. Happy Thanksgiving!

November 16, 2012 at 4:21 PM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Awww, sounds like another *Life Is Good* kinda day! :) Beautiful!

November 16, 2012 at 7:28 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

"the mom with the smallest shorts" I love that!
when I get up at 5:15am I'm always in a grumpy mood (i love my sleep/bed) but once the day gets started I have never regreted it.
Lots of stuff in our lives isn't perfect but we deal with those in the best way we can.
Mind you, if I had that gorgeous view outside my window i don't think I would ever need an alarm clock. Gorgeous place! here is all fallen golden leaves, very new hampshire at the moment!

November 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home