Aloha!

Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Night Before...

It's the night before my 12th Ironman, I'm in Australia, and I am happy.  All of these moments in this journey are so precious to me.  Everything it took to be here and just knowing this is a reality in my life has caused me to wear a smile all day.  The day began early as I like making the most of the day before.  A bike ride and a little swim.  Conditions were near perfect and just when I couldn't be anymore happy a star fish fell into view.  Diving for shells in a wetsuit was a bit more of a challenge than the usual bikini, but I managed...

I'll share my day in Australia...
 Egg, pumpkin, spinach sandwich for breakfast...
 Pack the bags.  This is always the fun part, it means the race is HERE.  It's also a little scary as forgetting something can make a big deal gone sour.  #32 is officially checked in..
 Bike checked!  The thing about the last race of the season sometimes means, "last race on that bike".  Not always but sometimes a season ends with one bike only to welcome a new bike.  This season will wrap up my beloved Swift Carbon and welcome the new 2013 Swift Carbon...
 Interview on the beach.  This race has had me see more interviews than any race ever.  It's pretty fun when you have a good crew.  The interview with Witsup.com girl was the best on Thursday and today with these guys was a near second.  Both had questions that you actually want to answer, they were funny people, and they made me feel so welcome in their country...
Spent a little time on the beach at the swim in and out.  For some reason transition areas, in and out areas, and finish lines go by so fast in a race.  Today I wanted to soak them up a little...
 Return to my absolute 2nd favorite eatery in all of Bussleton for more food :)
 Face Time Kainoa and Face Time Mike.  A girl has got to feel close even when she is far. Both calls failed in the afternoon so I try-try-try again!!  If I keep making better faces they might answer??!
 Make some plans.  If you are at all like me you get your post-Ironman planning in progress before the race even begins.  I like having something to look forward too, it helps with the post-race-blahs, it gives you a reason to push harder having something to look forward too, and its a nice distraction from nonstop triathlon thinking.  My 3 plans are:  Drive in movie theater, see the kangaroos, visit that surf spot near here so I can see men ride mountains of water...
That was pretty much the day.  I'm very excited.  Chalk is taking over the little town and this one was a favorite so far... a good reminder to take it a lap at a time and know with each passing lap you are a step closer to the goal....

Good night from Australia, Good luck to everyone racing tomorrow!  We got this :)
Bree



10 Comments:

Blogger ltlindian said...

I can't wait to hear how you do! I'll be checking online during the day. Good luck and have an amazing time!!

If you need someone to take that bike for you, I'd be glad to... :)

December 8, 2012 at 2:20 AM

 
Blogger ltlindian said...

I can't wait to hear how you do! I'll be checking online during the day. Good luck and have an amazing time!!

If you need someone to take that bike for you, I'd be glad to... :)

December 8, 2012 at 2:20 AM

 
Blogger Kathy said...

go bree! You're in the lead (swim just started) :)

December 8, 2012 at 11:40 AM

 
Blogger JC said...

You are AWESOME! Tracking online - GOoOOOooOOOOoooOOO Bree - looking STRONG!

December 8, 2012 at 3:43 PM

 
Blogger sabina moon said...

Nice article. I think it is useful and unique article. I love this kind of article and this kind of blog. I have enjoyed it very much. Thanks for your website.
carbon wheel rental

January 18, 2014 at 1:32 AM

 
Blogger sabina moon said...

Nice article. I think it is useful and unique article. I love this kind of article and this kind of blog. I have enjoyed it very much. Thanks for your website.
carbon wheel rental

January 18, 2014 at 1:33 AM

 
Blogger sabina moon said...

Nice article. I think it is useful and unique article. I love this kind of article and this kind of blog. I have enjoyed it very much. Thanks for your website.
carbon wheel rental

January 18, 2014 at 1:35 AM

 
Blogger sabina moon said...

Nice article. I think it is useful and unique article. I love this kind of article and this kind of blog. I have enjoyed it very much. Thanks for your website.
carbon wheel rental

January 18, 2014 at 1:37 AM

 
Blogger Tri Bike Transfer said...

Tri Bike Transfer has a race day wheel rental service for Triathlon wheel rental competitors to make sure they get the most our of their race day.

February 26, 2014 at 7:59 PM

 
Blogger vabna islam said...

Excellent blog you’ve got here. It’s difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!! You can visit my site.
Starting out in triathlons

March 29, 2014 at 7:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home