Aloha!

Friday, December 28, 2012

Winter Blues...

I'm not usually one to sulk in my bad days or think too often on my less than stellar moments, but when you are one of those people that really feel things deeply, the blah takes over as much as the sheer look of joy that is usually more visible.  I just ignore it, since I was like 5 or something that has always worked for making it go away so more important things (like horses, beaches, and rainbows) would take over.  Anyways, yesterday was a good day tinted with blues and I did my absolute best job hiding it...

Today I read across a very favorite quote of mine and the day flung swiftly into a very refreshing shade of, "happier". Thankfully my blue moods can shift just like that, all by a favorite quote, a good friend, or a moment that steals your breath away.  Back to that quote...

"Twenty years from now, you will be far more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the things you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore.  Dream.  Discover."  Mark Twain.

That quote pretty much sums up my exact way of life. AND...I believe with all my heart that is the reason for yesterdays unreasonably bad day.  I just felt stale.  Flat.  Land locked (not physically but emotionally).  There wasn't a dream taking over my thoughts, I was not loving in way that I believe in, fear was holding me back, in fact...my feet were cemented to reality and that has never been a safe way for a girl like me to live.  It makes me moody, grumpy, and full of the winter blues...

We made snow angels, I dreamed about a few 2013 goals to spark and ignite my passion for life, and I lost a little bit of that fear that stole its way into my life all because of being realistic...
The most difficult part of this winter will be the 11 days of absolutely no activity (I'm on day 4).  Okay, I've glued my nose in a book, watch the kiddos play in the snow, (attempt to thow snowballs), taste good food, and a plethora of wonderful family activities.  But really, 11 days of this healing part of my foot is pretty unhealthy on the mood.  I'm not saying I need a 5 hour ride or a 2 hour run, oh nothing like that, but just to be able to get sweaty would feel amazing on my skin.  My goal is to shut up about it and not complain, but when you are born to a farmer for a father and a mom that had to milk a goat in the snow when I was a baby so I could drink milk, you learn really fast that being active is life.  You get up, you get out, you get going, and you don't stop till the sun goes down.  I've slept in till 10am 2 days in a row now...my grandpa who gets up a 4am (everyday since he was a kid) would not find that funny.  This foot is also contributing to my winter blues, but I promise to beat it.  In fact, my 2013 journal has been purchased today, thanks to Masuda, so all the dreaming, planning, and adventuring that fills my heart can be put to motion!

I think a fruit cake is in order!
Stay warm,
Bree



3 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Francis said...

I usually think "one day I'm going to look back on this moment and laugh about this because in the end everything got sorted out".
Also the lack of sunny weather doesn't help, as soon as you're back to the island you'll feel much better I'm sure..one swim with the dolphins and the blues will be gone :-)
Happy new year Bree, 2013 will be full of good things

December 29, 2012 at 1:26 AM

 
Blogger campaigns said...

Grocery Shopping | Grocery Shop Online | Grocery Shopping Service | Online Grocery Shopping | Grocery Shopping Online

Electronics | New Electronics | Buy Electronics | Cheap Electronics | Electronic Supplies | Online Electronics | Home Electronics

Running Shoes | Puma Shoes | Pastry Shoes | Vans Shoes | Wedding Shoes | Mbt Shoes | Wholesale Shoes

Ipod Nano | Ipod 5th Generation | Ipod Prices | Ipod Accessories | Ipod Mini | Ipod 4g | Ipod Shuffles | Ipod Cables | Ipod Cases

Camera Shop | Digital Cameras | Cheap Digital Camera | Canon Digital Cameras | Best Digital Camera | Underwater Camera

Gold Jewellery | Jewellery Necklace | Jewellery Rings | Diamond Jewellery | Fashion Jewellery

Running Shoes | Puma Shoes | Pastry Shoes | Vans Shoes | Wedding Shoes | Mbt Shoes | Wholesale Shoes | Bakers Shoes

Sofa Bed | Leather Couch | Living Room Set | Modern Sofas | Sofas Sets | Red Sofa | Couches | Cheap Sofa Set

Hp Laptops | Laptop Reviews | Laptop Deals | Dell Laptops | Good Laptops | Pink Laptops | Laptop Computers | Toshiba Laptops

Eyewear Frames | Designer Eyewear | Eyeglasses | Reading Glasses | La Eyewear | Discount Eyewear | Cartier Eyewear

December 30, 2012 at 1:10 AM

 
Blogger JC said...

GOAL On Chica! Think of the healing as "the longest IM EVER"! you can DO IT! Patience to come out STRONGER than EVER! Okay - not playing sucks, but it looks like you scored some "play" action.
Merry Christmas and may 2013 hold AMAZING adventures.
XoXoX

December 30, 2012 at 5:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home