Aloha!

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Riding Bike...

4 weeks and 2 days later I have built my bike back up!  That is a record for most time ever spent in the box for my beloved Swift Carbon! Wishful thinking has taken over, xray tomorrow simply must show that it is time to ride again (so the bike is built and ready to roll)!  Speaking of my Swifty bike, it is probably that time of year to pass along the beautiful places my bike has raced during the 2012 season.  Just maybe some of these places will inspire your race calendar too...

Hawaii racing!  Hawaii 70.3 and Lavaman Waikoloa are both very beautiful.  Of course they both roll along the Ironman World Champs course too, you know what that means-good practice for the big dance.  Or...great options if you have no intentions of racing in October but want a little taste of it...

Okay, these photos are in no particular order as that would take up entirely too much time with my uploading skills.  Back to races you might like and my bike loved...

Ironman Louisville:  Rolling hills, nothing too massive but not a pancake.  Some light wind, a bit of a crowd by your 2nd and 3rd loop, lots of heat, and gorgeous green pastures filled with farm life. 

Panama 70.3:  Again, some hills, some heat, but not a crowd.  The rollers split up the packs really well.  If you are lucky you might spot a monkey too.  I never did but others reported monkey spotting...
 Philippines 70.3:  Very hot, loops, and other than a bridge to climb up and over it is flat.  The sights on this course touched me more than any bike course all of 2012 season.  The modest homes, barefoot children in the streets, the canoes and fisherman out in the sea, and everything else you pass that feels far from reality yet close to home in some unexplainable way.  The crowd support is also very, very over the top!  Maybe top 3 on the list for support in any race I've ever experienced.
Ironman Western Australia.  Not just because it was another fast Ironman bike race for me, it is just a fun course!  If you like loops this is a place for you!  3 loops, not exact circles so you will have some differentiation, but after one loop you know the course really well.  Support all over, wind, heat, and of course you ride on the left side of the road. One of the 3 races I want to return to for sure... 

Cozumel 70.3:  Oh my gosh I love it!  Half of the full Ironman and every bit as awesome!  Again, loops, heat, and wind.  Maybe you are finding the similarity in my bike preferences by now.  Anyways, the ocean will enchant you, the town will flood you with emotion as the crowd is wild, and the section you are kind of in "no mans land" will help you lock into your own rhythm.  It was my 3rd time on that course and its sure to be part of my future too...
REV3 Costa Rica:  I'm a pretty big fan of Costa Rica so this race would be on my map every season, but I hear it is not in action for 2013. Sadly.  Hot, loops, and comedy would best describe this course.  Chickens, cows, and kids run across the streets throughout the ride.  It begins up a hill that toasts your legs but flattens out before you know it and delivers you a ride through untouched beauty.
There you have a few of the places I've ridden my bike in 2012.  ...or been ridden by someone other than me.  My hopes are of course to return to Philippines, another Australia 112, more Mexico, maybe REV3 Portland & Florida,  Japan is on the "wish list", Hawaii x2, and some TBD depending on life, love, and sport...

Happy Riding...
Bree



4 Comments:

Blogger Trigirlpink said...

Best of luck with your followup appointment. Unfortunately, I know all too well of counting the days to have restrictions lifted and rewarded the luxury of slipping back into what we often take for granted until it's taken away.

January 7, 2013 at 9:45 AM

 
Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

This was a quiz, right?
Guess the boo boo and win a free Swift bike, I hope??
Louisville only has 2 loops.
Do you need the address to send my new bike to?

January 7, 2013 at 1:50 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

brilliant! The bike is in one piece.
You've been to so many races in beautiful places that i can only dream off. I'm sure you'll be racing in a few more this year as well. good luck with your appointment

January 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM

 
Blogger JC said...

I don't think ANY IM pic EVER beats the one of you with the cow crossing behind - okay - maybe your WIN! (Definitley YOUR Win pic does). The Cow one is a close 2nd.

January 10, 2013 at 7:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home