Aloha!

Saturday, January 5, 2013

The After Math of Winter...

Home sweet home.  Back on the island instantly feels like Winter has come to an end and Summer is back full swing ahead.  Of course that is not reality all the world over, maybe just islands.  In any case, we left Utah yesterday morning at a whopping -6* and have landed in lovely 82* today.  Surprise, surprise was seeing most all my garden has died (Winter struck the island after all?) except a newly sprung from the ground pineapple!  I'm pretty happy about that...

The after math of Winter (I did experience it for roughly 11 snow covered days) has been compiled with the following 3 most noticeable changes:

1.  6 loads of laundry- clearly jackets and jeans make a fuller load than shorts & tank tops.
2.  Sick people- Kainoa filled a barf bag on the flight home & Mike is still freezing
3.  Soup- it's like a new favorite meal has taken over

The great thing about the so called "End of Winter" is the rev up to a brand new season!  Today, January 5th, I'm proud to announce the start of 2013 triathlon training!  It was a lovely, much needed, 2,000 yard ocean swim, er pull!  Not much, but it will have to due till Monday when I get the "green light" for more.  I take that back, I did push ups, core, and stretches today too!  Optimism still floods me even with the copious amount of rest I've endured this Winter.  And with the home coming, a few warm weathered pictures...





Aloha,
Bree



2 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Francis said...

but the good thing with your garden/island is that everything grows really quickly :-)
Love that cute pineapple. yum! yum!

January 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM

 
Blogger vabna islam said...

Excellent blog you’ve got here. It’s difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!! You can visit my site.
Starting out in triathlons

March 21, 2014 at 12:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home