Aloha!

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Up and Riding...

Finally!  The weekend finally landed that Kainoa wanted to surf all by himself.  Not the usual "mother and son tandem", but paddle out alone, ride alone.  And he did it!  I am one of those girls who holds moments very, very close to my heart so I usually remember quiet clearly when a desire lands within me.  That said, it is no surprise that I remember being 15 years old, surfing at Turtle Beach, and thinking to myself, "I cant wait till I can paddle out and surf with my family, my children".  Yesterday and today I did indeed have a smile clear across my face that the day has finally come to surf with Kainoa!

I swam out with the camera (not able to stand and surf yet) and took pictures of Masuda and Kainoa in action.  Sadly, I was always too deep in the ocean to get a good shot of him up and riding, he would just go right on past me and I'd only see the back of the wave.  Kainoa counted how many waves he caught each day, 6 and 8.  I totally remember counting waves too.  Come to think of it, even as adults we count the things that impact us really happy...like miles.




As for a weekend of training... VERY HAPPY TO REPORT I was back on the bike today.  Tomorrow was supposed to be "launch date" but the boys were going to cruise through the tree road and I figured Kainoa's pace would be the perfect time to get back on the bike...

Tomorrow, the tribike...
Happy Riding,
Bree



5 Comments:

Blogger Tina Marie Parker said...

I love this pics. What an amazing weekend. Thomas gave me a birthday card yesterday that played music. It did sound like Hawaiian music. He said, "Mom , I picked the card, becuase Ithought it would remember you of Hawaii." My Aww..moment.

January 14, 2013 at 7:20 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

I've never surfed befroe so I can only imagine what it must be like.
so glad that you're ona real bike, take it easy

January 14, 2013 at 8:38 AM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Such beautiful pics and special moments! So sweet, thx for sharing. Good luck on your tribike tomorrow Bree and happy healing!! :)

January 14, 2013 at 10:39 AM

 
Blogger marian said...

beautiful!
enjoy your bike ride!

January 14, 2013 at 8:35 PM

 
Blogger JC said...

So Awesome for Kainoa, what a little natural! And YAHOO to you being back on the bike. My guess is that the break is a TOTAL blessing in disguise;)

January 16, 2013 at 10:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home