Aloha!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Where I left off...

Today I swam, bike, and ran.  For a girl who is fortunate enough to have sport as her career, it was a far cry from the usual swim, bike, run.  But it counted.  And in the midst of picking up pieces and making a come back, I found being strong and tuff is not always about the ability to keep going but the ability to actually start all over again...from the beginning.  This Saturday will make 5 weeks since Ironman Busso.  I keep thinking of that day and having been asked a dozen times if I would have still ran the marathon if I knew my foot would break, would I?  And the answer is a dozen times, yes. 

The swim was with a pull buoy.  This weeks x-ray gave me permission to "light kick" but only for a few minutes in total.  The break is still not connected all the way and at this point it can break through again, so I have to be patient a little longer.  I just pulled.  There is no way I want to go back to the "start all over again".
The bike was day #2 on the "reclining bike" at The Club.  It hurts my butt so much.  Getting sweaty again was AWESOME though.  I admit to being a gym rat, its motivating for me to see everyone working towards a goal, even if it is just to gain a beach body...its fun for me to watch it all in action.  So I laced up the shoes, grabbed a couple good magazines, and hit the bike.  Talking to nearly everyone in there made time fly.  Of course I missed my bike and being outside.  BUT this is great, considering it's only day #2.  Next week the doctor thinks I'll be ready to ride my own bike where I am putting pressure on the pedals and using my foot a little more... HECK YES! 
...and the run, aqua jog!  I am LOVING this!  Yesterday I made 15 minutes no pain and today 30 minutes!  To actually be "training" this week after nearly 5 weeks off has me like a kid at Christmas.  I care about being healthy and sitting on my bumper watching the world go by was challenging me.  Kainoa loves the floaty belt too and tried to take it to his swim practice. 
Not that I need extra motivation, but it is a sweet piece of happy to have landed shoe support for 2013!  Check out my Zoots!  At the moment I'm unable to tell you how they run, but soon enough.  Everyone in the gym today looked at them and told me my shoes are so cool (I agree)!! Finally, money talk.  I worked in the Kindergarten this week too, slowly I'm trying to organize a way to manage substitute teaching with training so I can financially support my sport.  Just maybe I win another Ironman, that might help...until then, I am happy in the class room and find it very satisfying to give back to the youth...
Back in motion means one more thing..."good bye" to my 5 weeks of "eat like Christmas".  It was kind of fun going with the flow and eating like the little boy from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", but even better was today, after "training" to crave the good-for-me-stuff...

So here we go, my feet have firmly landed on the road to training for my next triathlon.  It looks to be about 71 days away.  I'm hoping to be running for real by February, fingers crossed!  Thanks a lot for all the emails and messages over the last few weeks.  The encouragement and support has really been a beautiful thing to receive...

Bree



4 Comments:

Blogger Adrian said...

So glad you are training again! You will dazzle @ Melbourne! Will be tracking you live!

January 11, 2013 at 3:10 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

yes! swim - bike - run in any shape or form is what matters at this point. Remember that each day is one day closer to full recovery.

January 12, 2013 at 12:51 AM

 
Blogger Trigirlpink said...

You got this

January 14, 2013 at 8:18 AM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

Good for you to taking it slow and listening to dr and yourself. Very cool shoes!! :) Aqua jogging is sooo good for you too! Keep it up, Bree... you'll be back-at-it in no time!

January 14, 2013 at 10:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home