Aloha!

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday.

The first thing (and maybe the coolest thing) that I noticed about this week is that I went to the beach every day of the week.  I'm pretty sure that fulfills that childhood dream in my head of, "When I grow up I want to go to the beach every day".   Mostly ocean swims, a handful of surfs,  a birthday party, a sunset or two, and today...A RACE!
The girls in pink teamed up with the boy in blue and came up with "Two Crazies and a Nut".  Let me begin with, "It's not about the bike".  Because if it was I would not have been the biker.  Today it was all about the swim.  Lance swam for us, giving an almost 4 minute lead to our team.  AND then...I biked.  If I was a cussing kind of girl I would throw some 4 letter words out there because it was so awesome to be in a race again!  To be on the bike again.  To go hard again.  To hurt again.  The relay was Mango's Mini Monster (half iron distance), and it was the exact thing this girl needed to shake of the dust (or laziness) that came from 8 weeks of a broken foot.  Let me report-zero problems. 
Lance tagged me, I went out really hard because I didn't want any of the other boys to catch me, I threw up then blew up.  It was just too exciting to be in a race again, to be so far up front, to be teamed up with Dana and Lance!  I just loved it.  For the record, I like Lance.  I'm pretty sure you all can keep your opinions to yourself (thank you very much), but like I said earlier today, "My momma never taught me to hate".  That in no way, shape, or form makes me agree with or support everything that has happened in his world, but then again I don't even agree or support everything that happens in my friends, neighbors, families, or my world..so I'll leave at that and simply say, I had a fun morning.
Being a new season also made me instantly happy with the support that has landed.  My Swift bike is still the most fun thing on 2 wheels and the ZOOT clothes are brighter than bright just the way I like them.  I also tested out my new Rolf Prima training wheels and they get 2 thumbs up.  I'm saving the race wheels till my Ironman, I need something to excite me another notch when I go 112.  The ride went really good, it feels like my endurance is coming back and the speed wants to come back.  One boy passed me in the final 2 miles but Dana still beat him out of transition then ran her little heart out for our team.  Truthfully, I have no idea the results of the day either.  At the same time as the half there was a full going on and it's still going on so tomorrow I'll know.  Till then it was more about getting out there with friends and getting back into the swing of things.  It really is one thing to take a forced break compared to taking a break because you just want one, all things considered, it has made me even more love what I get to do...
 ...and drum roll please...breakfast with the best company a girl could have!  A ton of banana pancakes awaited me and a truck full of boards.  We ate and ate then went to the beach for the 7th day in a row!  The waves were very fun and continued to keep that "harmony" of life, love, and sport all in check...
Ps... I did run 5 times this week, as short as 5 minutes to as much as 20 minutes.  During Friday's 20 minute and 1 second  run I managed 2.81 miles!  ALMOST a 3 miler!  Tomorrow I get to try for a full 30 minutes!  4 weeks out from Hapalua and 6 weeks out from the Ironman, I still believe...

Good night!
Bree



6 Comments:

Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Way to get back at it!
People don't realize how fast Lance can swim..
Tell him I am still looking for a riding buddy in Austin.. if he rides a bike with 38/23 single speed gearing, that is

February 11, 2013 at 2:12 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

So pleased that the race went well and that you felt good :-)

February 11, 2013 at 3:11 AM

 
Blogger Munny said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 13, 2013 at 8:44 PM

 
Blogger BETSY WOOTEN said...

You are coming back strong!
I am doing my first sprint this April. My dream is that Lance will be in attendance. Live long Lance and ride on!

February 18, 2013 at 12:35 AM

 
Blogger Leizl Cervatos said...

Hi! I'd like to know what brand of helmet and model you're using for that race. I kind of wrecked a friend's helmet and, since she idolizes you so much, I'd like to buy her something that you'd use too. Thanks in advance and hope you recover from your injury soon!

February 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM

 
Blogger Ordinarylife said...

Way to go!

February 21, 2013 at 4:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home