Aloha!

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Are we there yet?

3 Days away from the land of kangaroos.  The count down has begun and the packing (except for the bike I need to ride tomorrow) is finished!  For the first time in a long time, I actually tracked the races this morning.  Today pretty much took an already eager-to-race me, and sent me into a full flung happy triathlete. Maybe because I am a "Kona Point Chaser" this season, I'm actually into following the races.  Yes, I love the swimbikerun as a sport to do & support it, but to watch, I'd rather follow a surf competition (or be out at the beach with family) as hairy legs on men and surf trunks will always prevail over those shaved bodies in lycra.  And you know, bikinis are more my thing too...

Anyways, the races were so exciting this morning!  So many unexpected moments, a few breakthroughs, and some frustration.  I love seeing how some of the best handle the roller coaster of what we do, riding the highs and lows.  It inspires me.  It always makes me believe deeper too, because the unexpected seems to always happen in every race.  I've been driven crazy this week with a bummed out right IT Band.  It seems that by babying my left foot the right leg has taken a huge load of responsibility.  I'm not down n' out, it has always been a bit of a gamble going into this Ironman so soon after being sidelined and like the rest of the athletes that sign up for a start line to a long day of swimbikerun, you just have to expect the best...

Race day nutrition packing:  Thank you to Breakthrough nutrition!   BREEWEE code at checkout will still get you 20% off this week!  The above is pretty much the same nutrition I used in my first Ironman, well I used grape juice in my water bottles on the bike for the first 2 hours and I still like to start with that before the swim.


Stuff I never eat home without...


Swift travel bags with bike and "other stuff".   Ill spare you seeing clothes stuffed into my luggage.


The other high-light of the week was 7th grade Math.  We graphed jelly beans and it felt like I was making a difference being able to teach.  There was a bike ride on this particular day, but the toss up was, "teach to pay for my bike box to travel" or ride the bike and stress how I'd pay to fly it, so I landed subbing and walk out of there pretty darn happy...


Of course the very best part was Mike coming home from Oahu and having both my favorite guys to share the weekend with!  The banana tree also made a ton of bananas just in time to dehydrate them for the long 19 hours of travel to Australia! 

 Home sweet home...

...and my favorite message of my last Ironman, such a good reminder to take the day a moment at a time...

Bree



9 Comments:

Blogger reginag said...

Fun! You put smile on me.

Click Here

March 18, 2013 at 9:57 PM

 
Blogger Tiffcincy said...

Would you list what's in the picture. the food/ race day nutrition. Thanks

March 18, 2013 at 11:19 PM

 
Blogger mark provenzano said...

Grape juice in the bottles. Tell us more about that. Im all for natural nutrition! Great post :)

March 19, 2013 at 7:05 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

OMG you seem so much more organized than me and this post has just remindd me that I ahve to start packing for my IM soon as well

March 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM

 
Blogger Japji Travels said...

Japji travel offers online bus booking services in india
Online Bus Service India

April 3, 2013 at 2:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home