Aloha!

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Enjoy...

I have a brilliant plan for Sunday, to enjoy. At this point that has got to be the absolute best plan for me. It's amazing being here in Australia, I've grown to love the land down under with a special piece of my heart.

Being back in the environment of a race, my heart and soul feels peacefully at home, as if this is as life should be for me right now. Wearing my athlete check-in band with pride, sporting Zoot logo clothing, even riding bike everywhere has me feeling very much like an athlete while the inner "island girl" in me is just peeking from the inside out, letting the part of me that loves start lines have her moment.

I've gotten to hang out with a couple of the girls that are in contention for the big win Sunday, it has only brought a huge sense of motivation and encouragement to fill me, no nervousness. Not to knock myself in the face, but I already know where I'm at, facing a comeback with a gigantic dream. I've got to make it 140.6 miles as bravely and humbly as I can. Showing up to Australia without several training miles, a deal of patience like never known before has to take over in me, basically just do my own race from start to finish as best as I can. And what's the goal? I want in the top 10 really, really bad. Being a 4,000 point race it would land me pretty darn close to securing enough points to race Kona in October. So.... I will not be greedy out there Sunday, I will just stay brave and patient, not giving up, moving to the finish line as quick as I can...

At the moment I'm more calm than I've ever been pre race. I'm just so happy to be on an ironman start line with the intention to enjoy 140.6 miles! It also helps that I am rooming with some incredible Aussies that have taken such great care of me!

Back home on the island it looks like a big weekend shaping up. My little sister is racing her first triathlon in 3 years, with my big girl race wheels too! I'm pretty excited for her as if it were me getting back out there! Kainoa has his first loose too, his daddy said he will let me play tooth fairy and save his first tooth for me! Maybe you have to be a mom to appreciate that, but I really wanted to be the one to play tooth fairy! And of course Mike has promised to stand by me through all of this ironman dream of mine, he's back home doing his best to be here from so far away...

With 2 more sleeps, I am happy. Thank you so much for the cheers and letters of support that I've received, I'll have a few miles out there Sunday that I'm sure I'll be drawing on the support...

Aloha,
Bree




























8 Comments:

Blogger ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

You will do great AND
If you need more points there is a custom made race in TX (IMTX) that ,like Louisville, has got your name all over it..

March 22, 2013 at 12:53 AM

 
Blogger Rob said...

Best of luck Bree enjoy..

March 22, 2013 at 6:22 AM

 
Blogger Shawna Barlette said...

Enjoy the adventure Bree! We are all cheering you on from around the globe!

March 22, 2013 at 9:20 AM

 
Blogger Kathy said...

go get em' girl!

March 23, 2013 at 6:09 AM

 
OpenID katharinemorgaine said...

Your attitude is always inspiring! Good Luck!

March 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Bree, I'm reading this post after the race.
Yep! get yourself to IM Texas :-)

March 24, 2013 at 3:42 AM

 
Blogger Raphael Rosen said...

Great photos!

March 29, 2013 at 8:36 AM

 
Blogger sabina moon said...

This blog site is pretty good! How was it made . I view something genuinely interesting about your site so I saved to my bookmarks . You can visit my site.
Triathlon basics books

December 10, 2013 at 11:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home