Aloha!

Monday, May 6, 2013

Garden Bread.


I wish Mike was home, today would have been a perfect day to spend all of it in the ocean with your best friend.  Since I'm really good at filling my days to the top with everything and anything, I decided to not do a single thing other than SWIM.  That's all coach said to do and that was all I did...

I feel lazy.
But I did bake the garden bread and "attempt" to make a recipe easy enough for even someone lost in the kitchen.  The "Garden Bread", hope you like it...


You need:  1 zucchini, 2 carrots, 3 bananas (thank you back yard for these). 3 table spoons coconut oil, 2 cups oats, and that's it.  BUT, you can  (and should) spice it up by adding cinnamon and sweeten it up by adding maple syrup (go by your own taste buds, more or less).  Kainoa likes brown sugar in his and I like cacoa powder, 1/2 cup or so of coconut shreds, and hemp seeds in mine, (So I put those in today's bread).


Do this:  Combine the zucchini, carrots, and bananas in food processor.  Add in everything else and gently mix, but not too much.  Put into bread pans (it made 3 mini loafs).  Bake at *350 for about 30 minutes, check on it though, it only needs to cook long enough to hold together, not burn it...


Cheers to a seriously vegetable-ish bread!

Bree



4 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Francis said...

This bread looks seriously good, i just need to work out how to make it paleo. Perhaps add coconut flour instead of oats? :-)
Spending a whole day in the sea? Sounds petfect to me. I've never understood those people that go to the beach just to sunbathe. They're missing the best bit

May 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM

 
Blogger Ordinarylife said...

I am going to try that bread. Looks yum!

May 8, 2013 at 3:51 AM

 
OpenID bredrouin said...

super yum! I can't wait to try this recipe out; one day I will have a backyard with a garden but for now, the farmer's market will have to do! thanks for sharing!

May 8, 2013 at 4:25 PM

 
Blogger Kiet said...

I'm on on that zucchini, carrot, banana bread!

May 10, 2013 at 3:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home