Aloha!

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Keep Swimming...

Okay, it is so true that when you believe big for someone else it can actually give you courage of your own.  So here we go, tomorrow I will be pushing on while also believing big for my Island buddy, Leahi.  Tonight, 10pm Hawaii time, she is going to swim from the island of Molokai to Oahu.  Check it out here:  Leahi Swim Molokai .  No pressure, but when she makes it she will be the youngest to do it, 17 years old!  Its pretty awesome to consider what she is about to set out to do...

Please send all your cheers to her, google it up, Leahi taking on the big blue for live updates!  It's going to take her about 12-15 hours depending on the currents and waves.  That my friends can take longer than an Ironman, it is 26 miles of swimming!  In the dark!  Sharks!  Jelly fish!  You got it.

My butterflies have flung all over the place today, mixture of happy to wanting to cry.  I'm ready though, I feel good and of course am excited.  It's a big day for a girl.  And Mike must understand that because I found a bunch of barrettes he packed in my prerace bag when I dumped it out this morning!  My hair will at least be in place even if my butterflies are all over the place...

Talked to Matty Reed preswim this morning, he is so tall, er maybe I'm so short.  He needs a top 5 tomorrow to seal his deal. I want a top 5 too, to make sure my deal is sealed.  We better hurry up, yet keep calm and patient (which Corbin has warned me is hard to do but must be done, thank you Corbs!), so that's my plan if you are wondering what I'm up to out there tomorrow...hurrying up calmly...
 Ran into my Filippino friend from Philippines 70.3, that was cool!  Go Philippines!


Wore a mini skirt to bike and bag drop, you must hike up your confidence ladies if you ever begin to believe anything less than your best...
Tried to facetime with Kainoa...not much luck.  Miss him heaps.  Did get to Facetime with Mike, the important news back home were the bananas in full bloom!  Loving that bit of goodness back on the island.  Okay, I think I smell dinner.  We have been so fortunate in our homestay to have great hosts that take good care of us...and food is one of them!  THANK YOU ALL so much for the cheers, the prayers, the belief in me, and the support, it has been so incredible and I feel it...

Have a good night, see you out there tomorrow and all the best to the other athletes!
Bree



13 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

Goooooo Bree. Lay it down out there tomorrow. B.E.L.I.E.V.E. XoXoX

August 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM

 
Blogger Kathy said...

i've got goosebumps for you (chicken skin) Bree. BELIEVE. ya eres campeona. SI SE PUEDE!!

August 17, 2013 at 1:28 PM

 
Blogger marian said...

have a great and fast day out there tomorrow!

August 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM

 
Blogger Wanke IRONMAN said...

Good luck Bree

August 17, 2013 at 2:47 PM

 
Blogger Audrey said...

You are so awesome Bree!!! I always believe in you!! You are my inspiration!!! Bring it Canuck style!!! Can't wait to track you all day!!! Xoxo!!!

August 17, 2013 at 6:36 PM

 
Blogger Kathy said...

nicely solid in 7th Bree. Keep it going!

August 18, 2013 at 4:02 AM

 
Blogger Dawn said...

GOOO Bree! Tracking you and cheering you on from IL. You are such an inspiration, you are a rock star!! Keep solid, you got this...

August 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Bree I'm hopping that 12th is enough to give you the points you need my lovely. And by now leahi must have finished the Molokai channel. Ask her if she wants to do the english channel and I'll hook her up with some channel swimmers :-) safe trip back, can't wait to read the race report

August 18, 2013 at 9:27 PM

 
Blogger Robert Lejeune said...

Bree, it was an honnor to cheer you up on the run course. I hope that those little moments were enough to help you!!

I so hope that you'll get enough points to get to Kona!! :)

Good luck

August 19, 2013 at 12:46 PM

 
Blogger Kathy said...

Hope you're happy with your race, Bree. It was incredibly frustrating following on tracker as there were no updates after 171km of bike and nothing for run. Take it easy travel day and love on your family.

August 20, 2013 at 5:37 AM

 
Blogger Kathy said...

you're sitting right at the top of teh queue of then next 7 so you're looking quite good. Will be on pins and needles waiting out the rest of August. :)

August 20, 2013 at 5:39 AM

 
Blogger MadiFastPants said...

Bree your just amazing. I only hope to be as awesome as you someday :)
Can't wait to see you in October for some training!!

August 20, 2013 at 12:17 PM

 
Blogger Ella Mitchell said...

You have nice article you have here, Nice post!

Portico Club
World Leader in Luxury Travel & Exclusive Resorts Worlwide

August 28, 2013 at 11:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home