Aloha!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Here We Go...


Swim, Bike, Run has taken up a majority of my head, heart, and focus once again.  Having a very wonderful break from it all has me welcoming back he job I love so very much.  Motivation is good, fitness is low and it hurts most days, goals are plenty, hard work is happening, and a race has been "put on the map".  It's not entirely set yet so hold on till it's for real, it at least feels real and has become the driving force of my training intentions...

We took one more "mini" vacation Sunday to Mauna Kea.  I'm a girl who asks for very little as life has given me so much.  I did however ask for "a trip to snow" for Christmas, that's all I wanted from Mike, I thought it was simple until we realized this is Hawaii and there is no guarantee for snow.  No snow on Christmas, I was sad, it felt like the girl who begged Santa for a Barbie and got a ball instead.  Anyways, we got snow on Sunday so up the volcano we went!  I was so happy, literally running with my dog as Mike gave me such a great gift!  



Do you love my snow shoes?  Zoot makes the best shoes for snow if you ask me :)  It was so cold and Mike was so sick, literally a mess up at elevation and freezing so we left pretty quick and went right to the beach, the salt, the sea, the sun...sunset.  Pretty cool going from snow to sand in a day...



Tomorrow Kainoa goes back to school, it has been a great holiday having him home so much. It's also a reminder that training will get more serious as I'll have more time with him in class all day.  Of course I took a few teaching side jobs, we will be seeing plenty of each other...


My favorite run loop was enjoyed another couple times while training is getting going again.  If I could run here everyday I would, but I know the road, track, treadmill, and some bricks will call me elsewhere.  As for the strength training, a single pull up is still all I can manage and it's darn frustrating to me!  As promised to myself, yoga, I mean "stretching" is still happening more than before for me.  The sister gave me a great "all in one" pose to stretch the quads, stretch the back, open the lungs, and work on shoulder strength (since you spend a lot of time in the bars).  I have to use the couch or wall to hold my legs up, she doesn't...



My dog thinks I am making a bridge for him...



As for food (cause I know trigeeks love food). Our fruits are so weird lately.  We got a papaya with no seeds in it one morning and peeled a banana that had two bananas in it the next!  It's kid of hilarious to me, never know what to expect around here.


Kale blueberry smoothies are the #1 hit in my life right now, in case you are wondering...

...and our sunsets still take my breath away.  That's it.  Got to get Kainoa to his swim practice.  Have a great Tuesday night!

Bree



2 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Francis said...

I can only imagine what it must be like to go from hot/sunny to cold/snowy so quickly. You're so lucky to have a bit of everything in your island. Now snow for us this year so far but lots of rain and floods. I love your fruits, the soil must be so rich you get 2 bananas for the "price" of one :-)
A break is good but I'm actually relieved to get back go routine and it sounds like you feel the same. That yoga pose is amazing, not sure I'll try it at home or there will be breakages... have a lovely week Bree

January 7, 2014 at 10:54 PM

 
Blogger Kathy said...

are your papapyas always that yellow? ours go very orange to reddish. that stop sign is frightening. :) racing sounds good again...

January 9, 2014 at 5:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home