Aloha!

Monday, January 27, 2014

Training ONLY week.


I have the entire week off work!  Wooohoooo!  This is a luxury, a little gift, a massive opportunity to put my head down and grind.  And so I am.  Today was a successful day of swim, bike, run and strength.  Now I'm really tired, as a "pro triathlete" should be...success.  If only it included a trip to the spa for massages, hot tubs, recovery boots, and getting my nails done-just kidding!  Last week I missed 6 hrs of training that I just could not fit in with work & other life moments, this week I plan to make it all, then back to work Monday. (ps...this is not a complaint, I know 99% of people have to work in the world, I'm just soaking up a week off to train all week long).

Kainoa told me the most lovely thing when I dropped him off at school, "Mom, if all the moms in the world were lined up, I'd pick you".  It was amazing, 'cause last time he said that he said he would pick my little sister (Auntie Brooke).  Kids!  From there, off to train my little heart out...


Guess what?!  Tomorrow my only job is swim, bike, run too!  Just finished packing my bottles and "stuff" to get through the day.  Trust me, the night before packing makes the next day a breeze.  Masters (with a few bonus yards), ride my bike (with a goal to pick up my cadence), run off the bike for an hour without "shuffling" through the Kona heat.  It's going to be awesome.


Yesterday was one of my best ever runs. I have to claim good days as it seems they are harder to come by when life gets busy.  You want me to tell you what I liked so much about it?  It was not fun at the start, I'm talking really slow and sloppy. When time is precious though you find a way real fast to turn it around, get it done, and make it happen.  Secretly, I welcome those hard moments my brain gives me about "how pooped I am".  They happen so often in training that I know "training through them" will make them easier come race day.  The run turned around brilliantly after 60 minutes and stayed positive till I got home to stuff my face and ice bath.



 Just shy of 5 weeks till my goal and 7 weeks till Masuda reaches his goal, graduating the fire recruit training!  It's pretty cool running after goals side-by-side with your family.  He's in the EMT part now and practicing plenty on us when he comes home for the weekends. Between you and me, I love having a fireman within reach, not just because it's so sexy being life savers, I just feel safer in my wild life!  Oh, if you want to support the Big Island recruit class 42, they have to sell shirts for graduation.  Short sleeve are $15, Long Sleeve $20, and hoodies are $30. Black, red, blue, all sizes. Email me, breesy4@yahoo.com and we can send them to you...


...as for what I plan to wear in the very near future, tomorrow at morning practice to be clear, a surf wetsuit top!  For a couple reasons, it's a little chilly.  But mostly because New Zealand is a wetsuit race and my arms have gotten so tired, so worn out, so exhausted by the end of a 2.4 mile swim in most all wetsuit races I have done in my career.  It's frustrating, but that's life when you live in a gorgeous place with warm ocean water! So tomorrow I plan to show up to practice in this, work out my arms, get them used to it, and build up my ability to move and stretch my arms in neoprene not nakedness like they are used too.  (I plan to break out the full Zoot wetsuit soon).  For now, I already know my booty can float just fine, gotta work on the top half. 

That's it for now, NIGHT!
Bree



4 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Have you tried pulling up the arms on your wetsuit? Mine still get super tired, but that does seem to help pretty significantly.

January 28, 2014 at 2:39 AM

 
Blogger Tina Marie Parker said...

We'll take shirts in Ca. I will drop a check in the mail tomorrow. 2 Large & 1 Medium & I will add a little extra, so it doesn't cut into your training money :). I mailed stuff to Hawaii before Christmas and it was a lot for what was in the box!

January 28, 2014 at 6:17 AM

 
Blogger Tina Marie Parker said...

We'll take shirts in Ca. I will drop a check in the mail tomorrow. 2 Large & 1 Medium & I will add a little extra, so it doesn't cut into your training money :). I mailed stuff to Hawaii before Christmas and it was a lot for what was in the box!

January 28, 2014 at 6:17 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

I'm so pleased that you're doing IM Taupo and yes do take gloves and arm warmers too as it gets nippy down there.
Your teaching is your job but triathlon is your business :-)

January 28, 2014 at 11:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home