Aloha!

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sweaty Mess...


My "cross training" better known as Crossfit Kona, has been delightfully motivational for me.  Again.  Like I said before, I don't go as much as I'd like, but I go enough to get some core, strength, and encouragement for all things sporty and goal oriented.  It has become like another world for me outside of triathlon, just getting in a "box" with all these super driven people that lift you up rather than attempt to outdo you, not that we don't "race" each other. It's just a very healthy balance for me since my daily life is surrounded by a lifestyle where winning is a big, big, big goal.  Often, the goal when it comes to work.  My confidence still waivers and my brain still forgets to believe bigger, but when I land at the "box" I all of a sudden get this little twinkle inside that makes me feel 10 again, like anything is possible.  I need that...

Yesterday I had time, it was perfect.  It was actually a workout that I think any athlete reading this post can handle and gain a lot from.  It's 4 rounds of the following:  30 seconds of burpees (rest 30), 30 seconds of kettle bells, if you don't have them and most likely don't, use canned food and just get your arms in the motion (rest 30), then air squats for 30 seconds (30 rest), repeat it all for a total of 4 rounds.  Count your totals.  It's really fun, do it with your friends, I dare you, you will like it.  And that is my sweat mess.


Something wonderful on Wednesday:
Oakley sent me 4 pairs of the most cute and fun sunnies a girl can have!  THANK YOU SO MUCH Oakley, I love them!


Something not wonderful on Wednesday:
Somebody's fin went through my board tonight at sunset surf. I was actually going to bail on surfing now that Ironman is getting so close, but I wanted to paddle in the wetsuit and get my arms used to it, this was my excuse to use a wetsuit...


See, beautiful place to practice a wetsuit, right?


...and the last of the snow.  Isn't it funny how people on an island drive to the volcano top, load up the truck beds, and drive it down to their front lawns?  Haha, bet the mainland people that shovel it everyday think that is crazy!  That's about it for the day, some lighter training, speed has slowly picked up, and I worked at school to make $ to fly the bike...it's a nice balance happening.

Night!
Bree



2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

that board gives me the biggest Nope in the entire history of Nopes!

February 8, 2014 at 8:13 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

I'm yet to try Cross fit. It sounds such fun and an evolution from the gyn weight training sessions i used to do.
That cut on your surfboard...was it done by another surfboard or a shark? I'm just wondering....
I don't blame you for bringing snow down to your front gardens. when i was a kid living in a hot climate ionce ripped up hundreds of white paper and threw them out of a hi rise partment block in the hope I could mimic snow...ops :-(

February 9, 2014 at 9:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home