Aloha!

Sunday, March 16, 2014

5 Hours and 38 Minutes.


Two weeks after the Ironman  I have officially recorded a record setting low amount of time "not training" during the "in season".  5 hours and 38 minutes worth to be exact.  It has been very nice to garden, watch sunsets, take 3 dog walks on 3 different beaches, spend a lot of time at farmers markets, and stay up past bed time.  Tomorrow is back to the grind.  Ready is an understatement.  My clothes and water bottles have been packed for tomorrow since 1pm today.  While I'm crunching numbers, it's also 8wks till the next Ironman...

Today has been one of those good days in life that I think have to happen to set the tone for the rest of your life.  Trust me, I didn't see it coming, in fact I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  But I landed for a swim and that lead to a lot of good people hoovering around the pier, including my friend Veeks.  He told me he was heading to Lone Palm for sunset, of course I said, "Me too then." and invited some girls to tag along with our dogs.  Off to farmers market, bananas in my lap on the drive home, and back to the beach with the Masuda boys for probably one of the best surf sessions of the year.  Still not thinking today was going to be one of those days that would impact me so positively.  As sunset grew closer the girls bailed.  The dog and me met up with Veeks and instantly a wave of every emotion I have held in the past 5 years (just made my 5 yr anniversary) swept over me...

I was at Lone Palm.  It was the beach I loved so very much for so many reason.  It was also the beach where I remember being a wife, having a husband, and being married.  You know how some places in life remind you of a time in your life more than others?  This was my spot. Since I was 13 I dreamed about being a wife, it was all I really remember wanting from life other than a horse.  I have not returned since being divorced, mostly by accident, but probably because life has a perfect timing and today must have been that time without me knowing it...


Veeks is a photographer so he got lost in the views while I played in the shells with my thoughts.  I was glad he was off doing his own thing and my dog and me were digging, too many tears were falling and I wanted to hide them.  They weren't super sad tears, it was more of a "wow, I survived this and am doing really good".  In fact I was on the phone with Kainoa's dad just before getting to the beach, we are friends again, that means the world to me.  Then I found a little shell that matches exactly to my ring, I think I'll save that for someone.

 

Lone Palm was raging.  It was so powerful and beautiful tonight.  Maybe better than I have ever seen it. By now I could not stop smiling, to feel healed and whole again meant everything to me in that moment.   By now you can almost guess what happened next...

Yeah, a rainbow.  Seriously, I know, it seems they truly always do appear after a storm. 

  
Do you see it very faintly on the right of the sun?



Without turning this into some massive story about a pro triathlete girls divorce and return from the deep, I'll end it there.  Today was one of those good days that you can be thankful for where you have been, who you have become, and love where you are at.

Back to triathlon.  I've hit up 2 yoga sessions during my "recovery weeks".  Thankfully my sister is the yogi who can continue to persuade me this is actually good for me.  Day 1 was fun, you know laughing and partner stuff. Day 2 was hard, intense, and I was definitely feeling like Jem and the Holigrams! 




It was Buti Yoga in the greatest pants ever made!  Splish has pants now in case you need some fun for your stretch, core, yoga, crossfit, or lunch dates.  My gosh I love them, so much!  And I love Booty yoga (must change the name cause I have no idea what a Buti is but I know we shake our bootys in the class).  Anyways go check out those pants at Splish.com.  Only other thing I've been up to during my 5 hours and 38 minutes of training a week has been not cooking...


Raw food strawberry pie.  AMAZING.


A garden in a jar.  AMAZING.

  

And I have a new philosophy,  pancakes are totally acceptable anytime of day or night as long as something green accompanies them.  Balance baby.  Balance.


Alright, that's it from me.  Back in the game tomorrow...
Bree



2 Comments:

Blogger Tina Marie Parker said...

Love this post.. The pictures and the realit of it all. Thanks.

March 17, 2014 at 4:40 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Sometimes we have to go back to those places to replace the memories with positive new ones.
Your "carefree" days sound idylic and just what's needed before you start to ramp up your training.

I love the fact that your dog is eyeing up your smoothie, if it's gone, you know he schleeped it :-)

March 18, 2014 at 11:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home