Aloha!

Monday, March 10, 2014

As Simple As...


Don't get me wrong, challenges are good opportunities to grow and become, I eat those opportunities right up...but...I love the sweet moments in a single day too, simple as a papaya.  To all the Scientists or garden geeks, (truly mean that in a kind way), I am sure there is some complicated growing that must be done to produce a papaya, but for my own sake let me think it's as easy as picking from a tree.  Okay, I'm home and back into the action of the life I love. Minus the many miles of swim, bike, run.  But those miles will be here again very soon, as I have signed up for Ironman Texas.  I CAN HARDLY WAIT.

I'm just having a lot of fun with triathlon right now, specifically the long stuff.  Maybe I'm at a weird spot in life where the miles have become my team mates, my thinking time, my growth time, my hours to become a more confident woman, my little escape that I never think I need-but might.  Not entirely sure. Or perhaps the training is just so different from anything I have ever done, making for a little sparkle and shine to what can grow lackluster. Anyways, I'll race Texas, yeeehaw!  When not out training, my goal going into Texas, (since it helps to have a goal leading up to a race, one for both life itself and one for the training), is going to be to keep things as simple as a papaya.  For me, that means not stress the little things are so easy to stress...

 And do things that calm me down...


Like pick beets and garden.  Today the hard part of a green thumb girl was completed, you know, harvest, pull up old plants, and replant new seeds.  Now while the training resumes the "work" has been done and I can just pick and eat! (Gardening reminds me so much of racing!)  My "juice day" has been done too.  For some reason my body craves a juice only day after an Ironman.  Pretty sure it has everything to do with eating gels, sweets, and other stuff all day long.  Survived it, liked it, 'nuff said.


The favorite flavor of the day was:  Beet, pear, kale.

 


My simplicity, like that of a papaya, will continue to be inspired by a child.  You know what I mean, laugh more, believe in big things, do handstands, trust that love fixes everything, and let messy moments wash away like when mom does the laundry.


...of course take time to enjoy the ocean. Sunsets. Sandy feet.  Messy hair.  And being barefoot.


Family time will continue to matter most going into the next Ironman. Yesterday we took a big hike together, 2 hours, got lost, picked handfuls of lilikoi, and stopped to smell wild flowers.


And here we go...
Into training for Ironman #2 of the season, one step closer to Ironman Hawaii we go. Happy Training,
Bree



3 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Francis said...

OMG! I did IM Texas a few years ago. the swim is non wetsuit, the course is flat and with the potntial to be very fast.
I will be racing on the same day as you but in Lanzarote :-( a bit windier and hillier but equally hot!

March 11, 2014 at 10:18 AM

 
Blogger Kathy said...

good luck Bree - sounds right up your alley. love those hot ones!

March 12, 2014 at 1:34 PM

 
Blogger Kathy said...

also papaya grow like weeds here so i'm thinking the climate is likely the same there. should be no problsm.

March 15, 2014 at 5:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home