Aloha!

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Shedding My Lazy.

Motivational breakfast

Monday was supposed to be my "Back on the tri wagon", return to sport fully after my little recovery break.  I was really excited Sunday night.  I was really lazy Monday morning.  It was way harder than imagined, way more difficult to "just say no" to an over abundance of tasty foods, and the alarm clock felt way earlier than I remembered just a couple weeks ago.

I did a good job resting and recovering.

I did a bad job Monday. 

Tuesday was much better, I swam all the swim practice and added on a 1,000 yards to get my volume back up.  Better does not mean pretty though.  I was 6 seconds off on my 100's and 4 on the 50's.  It hurt to even make those splits. Lazy was all over me.  But motivation was high so I knew it was only a matter of time till the body got back into the swim of things. 

 
When you are covered in lazy it's a good idea to find anyone, someone, to maybe help you wash that junk off. Tell them what you need accountability with or help and don't get mad when they actually come through.  Did you do sit ups tonight?  Did you roll out your legs?  After taking a break on the "little things" that matter while training for a big race it's kind of hard to automatically do them again.  I've been lucky to have Masuda on my case.  And it's been nice having him on this side of the island this week to help with Kainoa, there go all my excuses for lazy.  And being Spring Break there is no school in session which means I have time to train. 


My friend Loretta gave me the most fun water holder thingy ever!  I'll be honest, having something fun added to your "sport life", whether its new shoes or songs on the IPOD or a new hair tie, can actually make you get up and go a little easier.  She sent this Vega bottle that squeezes your fruits on the bottom, holds your herbs on the top, and makes plain water fruity and full of nutrients.  It kind of made me feel healthy just holding it the other day and has become my "go to" when I am still stuck in my lazy and reaching for cereal. 

Last night was much better in the pool, its coming around.  This morning I beat my alarm clock awake.  And today's ride/run must have been near where I left off because the family dog ran out to tackle me like Kujo when I got home!  He only goes that crazy for me when I stink like gels, drinks, and major sweat. 


Okay, if you're still reading this and wondering about the Fireman t-shirts...GREAT NEWS, they have arrived and been delivered to each of the firemen  Now being sorted for shipping.  Thanks for the patience, island time is slow time and I apologize for the wait.  They sold nearly $10.000 worth of shirts so it was a massive order to wait on and sort...not lazy...lazy has just been me. 

Cheers,
Bree



5 Comments:

Blogger DSW1216 said...

Where did that water bottle come from? Looks very cool....

March 21, 2014 at 8:09 AM

 
Blogger Lucy Francis said...

Recovery is good but returning to full training can be a bit of shock although the body clock gets reset very quickly :-)

March 23, 2014 at 8:48 AM

 
Blogger Md.Bazlur Rahman said...

It was way harder than imagined, way more difficult to "just say no" to an over abundance of tasty foods, and the alarm clock felt way earlier than I remembered just a couple weeks ago. Its for iron man iron man, iron man fans, iron man collectables

April 8, 2014 at 5:34 AM

 
Blogger Md.Bazlur Rahman said...

It was way harder than imagined, way more difficult to "just say no" to an over abundance of tasty foods, and the alarm clock felt way earlier than I remembered just a couple weeks ago. Its for iron man iron man, iron man fans, iron man collectables

April 8, 2014 at 5:35 AM

 
Blogger Md.Bazlur Rahman said...

It was way harder than imagined, way more difficult to "just say no" to an over abundance of tasty foods, and the alarm clock felt way earlier than I remembered just a couple weeks ago. Its for iron man iron man, iron man fans, iron man collectables

April 8, 2014 at 5:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home