Aloha!

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Are We There Yet??


The last long run in prep for Ironman Texas is in the bank. Boom shaka laka.  And the energy level is starting to come up (maybe the reason I can sit and actually bust out a blog post).  The coolest part of the run was finding my little sister out there busting out her 20 miler.  We shared a few miles with our friend Kawika and it set us up for a major thankfulness heading into our races.  Our paces were a tiny bit different so the running man and 1980's jogging in place accompanied anytime we needed to wait up.  I laughed, I cried, I am going to have them with me next weekend...


Lately I've been so thankful for the good support in my life.  Mostly in the means of family and friends.  Little notes, big cheers, paying to fly my bike to Texas (Katie, Tammy, and Marianne), tea and muscle milk.  Also my sporty support, like Coach Cotter making training plans that motivate and challenge me,  Bike Works paying entry fees to local races & taking care of my bike, Zoot giving me great shoes, my Ceepo bike, Bioastin hooking me up with healthy green fuel, Odin Wilmont cracking my back and Junko Sheilds massaging my butt, and Splish always making me feel pretty swimming in pretty suits.   It really is nice having all these little things add up to big help...


Training has been going well.  The pool was closed yesterday (triple fist pumps!!) so I landed in the ocean with some amazing dolphins to chase, draft, and look at.  Today was back to the pool for a pace set of 30x100 where a couple great men in Speedos kept me company and entertained even with a black line and no fish.  Grateful hardly describes the training company help that I have going into an Ironman...


What else?  Oh, I did that Cinco de Mayo swim mile race.  It was pretty amazing.  My weakness is "prerace anxiety" so any opportunity to get in the "start zone" and battle my butterflies and urge to poop my pants or barf is very welcomed.  Funny how it is in full effect even in a race in my backyard equally as strong as in an Ironman!  I feel good swimming, fingers crossed it is an equally good moment next weekend...


Over dosing on Green Tea, as always.  Spoiled myself to this too, see below...


Confidence is beautiful, right!  I think so.  Saw this and had to have it after my swim. Sometimes the hard work needs a pat on the back from ourselves, not just those that believe in us.  I was super proud of myself today.  I am seriously learning to love what talents God gave me and believe in them just a little more.  I just love what I get to do, day in and day out...


Finally... this.  Kainoa is most certainly at the forefront of my heart and soul this week as I train.  It is Mother's Day week after all.  He joins me without any complaints on nearly all my pool swims and makes my after-swim smoothie too.  It's amazing how far family support can take you, especially when it feels like the dreams are shared...  For sure that little boy will be with me all day next Saturday.  Okay, I'm off to walk the dog at sunset with some friends...

Love,
Bree



4 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Francis said...

With training partners like yours (friends & dolphins) who wouldn't look forward to the long sessions?
:-)
It takes a village as they say.
An athlete is never alone, the support system behind him/her involves a number of people, some of whom don't even realise it how much they help you get to your race. It's the little things that make the difference like Kainoa making your smoothy.

May 10, 2014 at 8:04 AM

 
Blogger Tina Marie Parker said...

How I miss your posts. Glad everything is coming into play for you. I managed a century this weekend and for Mother's Day a pool swim. Happy Late Mother's Day.

You look amazing and are so ready to race!

All The Best,
Tina

May 12, 2014 at 7:45 AM

 
Blogger Kathy said...

will be thinking of you in TX and hope the heat doesn't forget to show up. have a GREAT race! will be watching and cheering you on.

May 14, 2014 at 1:56 PM

 
Blogger britni said...

Hi Bree!!! Just want to wish you the best happiest day on Saturday!! Just saw you at expo. You look ready!!! Will send you strong vibes on Saturday !!! Cheers. Britni bakk

May 15, 2014 at 7:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home